*Job Title:*Adjunct Instructor - Sports Management
*Posted Salary Range:*Commensurate with experience.
*Employment Status:*Part Time .25
*Department:*Health, Physical Education and Recreation
*Minimum Qualifications:*Terminal degree in or a Master Degree with 18 hours or above in disciplines
*Purpose of Job:*To teach undergraduate courses in the Department of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation (HPER):
* SM 201 Direct Sport and Recreation
* SM 300 Liability and Safety of Physical Education
* SM 301 Sport Ethics
* SM 302 Fundraising and Promotion
* SM 306 Essentials of Strength Training
*Scope of Responsibilities:*Instruct and facilitate meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively support all facets of the learning environment, as demonstrated by university prescribed assessments. Provided through learner centered instructions that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the marketplace.
*Essential Job Functions :*
* Demonstrate commitment to teaching/supervising and advising.
* Delivers learning-centered instructions;
* Conducts assessments of students' and program learning outcomes;
* Prepares for courses as needed including prescribe training and certification.
* Terminal degree in or a Master Degree with 18 hours or above in disciplines
* At least one teaching experience at the university level
* Working knowledge of common management systems such as BANNER and CANVAS.
* Proficiencies with standard office applications on personal computers.
*Licensing and Certifications :*License or professional credentials in relevant discipline (if applicable).
*Knowledge Skills and Abilities:*
* Knowledge and ability to teach online, synchronous as well as asynchronous, use of Canvas, knowledge of the subject, skill in delivering the required knowledge and the ability to engender learning in students.
* Communication-clearly, conveys information and the ideas to other both verbally and in writing.
*Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds:*Occasionally
*Open Until Filled:*Yes
*EEO Statement:**Alcorn State University*
*Equal Employment Opportunity and Notice of Non-Discrimination*
Alcorn State University is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Alcorn State University is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.