*University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus**School of Medicine - Department of Surgery**Laboratory Support I**Position #00790497 - Requisition #23312** Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at [www.cu.edu/cu-careers](http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers) *The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: [https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2](https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2)Denver: [https://www.ucdenver.edu/coronavirus](https://www.ucdenver.edu/coronavirus)Exemptions vary by campus location/department. Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:
* Anschutz Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
* Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
* Consolidated/Central Services Administration - Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.*Department of Surgery has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Laboratory Support I position.*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a world-class medical destination at the forefront of transformative science, medicine, education and patient care. The campus encompasses the University of Colorado health professional schools, more than 60 centers and institutes, and two nationally ranked independent hospitals - [UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital](https://www.uchealth.org/locations/uchealth-university-of-colorado-hospital-uch/) and [Children's Hospital Colorado](https://www.childrenscolorado.org/locations/anschutz-medical-campus-aurora/) - that treat more than two million adult and pediatric patients each year. Innovative, interconnected and highly collaborative, the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus delivers life-changing treatments, patient care and professional training and conducts world-renowned research fueled by over $650 million in research grants. For more information, visit [www.cuanschutz.edu](https://www.cuanschutz.edu/). *Nature of Work:*The Center for Surgical Innovation (CSI) at the University of Colorado is a multidisciplinary surgical training center dedicated to promoting educational courses and development of leading-edge surgical techniques and technologies. CSI was created as a local, national and international center of excellence in the evolving field of surgery. CSI is dedicated to teaching and disseminating leading edge surgical techniques to practicing surgeons, residents and medical students. Our comprehensive multi-specialty/multi-disciplinary group of faculty span all of the surgical specialties available at the University of Colorado Hospital. CSI is seeking to fill a full-time Laboratory Support I to continue the success of the lab and to support the more than 400 training courses held a year. This role will collaborate with the Lab Manager and Lab Coordinators before, during and after hands on training labs. This position will help run the surgical trainings and interact with surgeons, residents and medical affiliates. This position could help in dissection and tissue preparation and directing the trainees at the start of the events. These trainings consist of anywhere from 5-200 people on any given day, typically working evenings and weekends, to accommodate the clients' schedules. The laboratory support I contributes to the overall efficiency of the laboratory in a cost effective manner by performing a variety of tasks, consisting primarily of preparing the lab for trainings, helping run individual bioskills events, maintaining & organizing the lab facility.*Examples of Work Performed: **Within the Center for Surgical Innovation:*
* Checks all supplies upon arrival.
* Orders supplies.
* Takes inventory of equipment/instruments in lab.
* Organizes storage.
* Set up and clean up after lab.
* Order catering.
* Lift heavy pieces of equipment (ex. tables, saws, lights, cadavers, etc.) in order to accommodate training sessions within the lab.
* Position tissue for labs (help with dissection, tissue preparation etc.).
Maintenance and organization of surgical instrumentation, as well as ordering and keeping track of supplies, maintaining inventory, distributing supplies, developing lab record keeping systems. Receiving and sending packages.Keep the Lab Manager, Lab Coordinators and Executive Director up-to-date on all happenings after trainings to ensure invoicing of the clients is correct. * Assuring proper maintenance of equipment, provision of adequate supplies and cleanliness of the surgical lab.
* Assist residents with dissection of tissue to fine the anatomical part that will be worked on.
* Follow SOP manual for operational procedures.
*Other Duties: *
* Freezing and/or refrigeration of specimens.
* Organize transportation of surgical specimens.
* Creates logs/spreadsheets for a variety of lab-related items.
* Complete all UCD required trainings and compliance courses.
* Coordinate and schedule interns
* Develop lists of trainings in either word or excel
*Minimum Qualifications: *
* One (1) year of relevant experience working in a laboratory or with tissue specimens.
*Substitution: *A combination of college or surgical tech courses and/or equivalent training and experience may substitute.*Conditions of Employment:* Must be willing and able to...
* Work after hours and on weekends, depending on the needs of the Lab.
* Stand for long periods of time, frequently walk, bend/stoop, as well as execute repetitive motions (ex. crouch, squat, kneel, climb stairs, etc.).
* Lift, push or pull up to 100 lbs, with or without accommodation.
* Reach above shoulders on a frequent basis, with or without accommodation.
* Work in an environment that may expose you to, chemicals, , blood/body fluids, .
* Frequently wash your hands,.
* Work with chemicals/solvents.
* Work in areas where you may be exposed to hazardous conditions.
* Operate moving laboratory equipment.
* Work around noise/vibrations.
* Walk on uneven surfaces and climb on scaffolds/ladders.
* Work in and in small confined spaces.
* Experience in medical equipment repair, servicing, and troubleshooting highly preferred.
* Experience using surgical equipment and instruments.
*Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:*
* Knowledge of surgical equipment and instruments.
Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Outstanding customer service skills.Attention to detailDemonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.Ability to work with cadavers and live animal models.Knowledge of ordering supplies, making inventory list.Ability to multitask is fundamental.Ability to clean up blood and human tissue.Ability to speak in front of crowds.Team oriented, adaptable and demonstrates sound judgment in a changing environment.Commitment to quality, accuracy, and attention to detail.Analytical individual with team-based problem-solving skills.Ability to organize, manage and meet diverse workloads and deadlines.Communicates effectively with peers, supervisor, faculty, and other personnel.Self-motivated learner and teacher.Computer skills in, word processing, spreadsheet software.*Salary and Benefits:*The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $29,268 - $32,280 The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: [https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits](https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits)Total Compensation Calculator: [http://www.cu.edu/node/153125](http://www.cu.edu/node/153125)*Diversity and Equity:*The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org). The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
*Job Category: *Health Care
*Primary Location: *Aurora
*Posting Date: *Oct 18, 2021
*Unposting Date: *Ongoing