For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, well help you build a career that you can feel passionate about. Job Summary
We are seeking a Laboratory Assistant
site located inShrewsbury, MA
.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Wash and dry glassware and distribute to appropriate locations within the laboratory. Keep laboratory area clean and organized. Sterilize glassware and other items using an autoclave.
- Label tubes, devices and containers and perform laboratory set-up/clean-up.
- Perform Daily, Weekly and Monthly balance calibrations.
- Assist technical personnel with clerical duties (e.g., filing, making copies, etc.).
- Assist with sample transfer between departments, departmental sample inventory, departmental sample disposal and update of applicable sample tracking in LIMS.
- May be responsible for preparing simple lab solutions (e.g., buffers, media/common vehicles).
- Inventory, order, restock and organize laboratory chemicals, parts and supplies; remove laboratory waste; interact with personnel from outside the department.
- May perform, under guidance, some basic Routine Laboratory testing which may include but are not limited to:
- Karl Fisher
- Efficiently organize, prioritize and plan work schedule.
- Perform routine cleaning and monitoring of laboratories. Maintain and document lab cleaning records.
- Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to company policies and procedures. Actively participate in laboratory maintenance.
- Comply with all pertinent regulatory standards regarding environment, equipment and testing services.
- Make detailed observations and maintain clear, accurate and timely documentation of all laboratory work.
- Compose high quality documentation including deviation reports and change control documentation under guidance.
- Follow all SOPs, General Protocols, CTMs and cGMP as they relate to specific tasks.
- Maintain up to date training records on all procedures and protocols applicable to work duties
- Ability to work in a structured and regulated environment
- Work productively in group situations as well as independently
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Associates degree/Bachelors degree (B.A./B.S.) in biology or related science preferred.
- One year related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We will be requiring proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition (crrecruitment_US@crl.com) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.About Biologics Testing Solutions
With more than 50 years of experience and proven regulatory expertise, the Charles River Biologics group can address challenging projects for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Offering a variety of services such as contamination and impurity testing, protein characterization, bioassays, viral clearance studies and stability and lot release programs, we support clients throughout the biologic development cycle, from the establishment and characterization of cell banks through preclinical and clinical studies to marketed products. Whether clients need stand-alone services, a unique package of testing, or insourced support, our Biologics group can create a custom solution to suit their needs. Each year more than 20,000 biologic testing reports are sent each and over 200 licenses products are supported by our biologics testing solutions team.About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 18,000 employees within 100 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of peoples lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of >80% of the drugs approved by the FDA for the past 3 years.Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.