The School of Kinesiology at Ball State University is seeking part-time semester instructors who are qualified to teach face-to-face or online courses in one or more of the following undergraduate disciplines: aquatics, exercise science, physical education, sport administration, or physical fitness and wellness; or in one or more of the following graduate disciplines: Sport and Exercise Psychology, Sport Administration, Sports Performance, Biomechanics, Athletic Coaching Education, Exercise Physiology, and Athletic Training.
1. Teach one to three credit hour courses.
2. Create a standardized syllabus.
3. Be available to students.
4. Manage Canvas course site and submit grades.
Also, under the direction of the Program Coordinator:
* Develop and manage syllabus materials. The adjunct Instructor is responsible for selecting and compiling tests, assignments and/or online discussion exercises that permit measurement of performance relative to course learning objectives and student learning outcomes.
* Coordinate courseware and curriculum with the Program Coordinator. The adjunct Instructor is responsible for reviewing any textbook and other courseware changes with the Program Coordinator and other full-time faculty teaching the course.
* Facilitate class instruction. The adjunct Instructor is responsible for teaching the assigned class in accordance with learning objectives and student learning outcomes.
* Administer evaluations of student performance based on course deliverables and course rubrics.
Original official transcripts and licensure/credentials in respective field of expertise are required at time of appointment.
The applicant pool will be used for up to one year from the posting date to hire individuals.