Faculty deliver courses in multiple formats, including in-person, hybrid and/or intensive courses and online. Counseling curriculum integrates the Christian worldview throughout. Preferred candidates will demonstrate a strong commitment to the integration of counseling and the Christian faith. They will model academic leadership within the Department of Counseling, including knowledge of CACREP standards, excellence in teaching and supervision, and scholarship in counseling, counselor education, or supervision. The successful candidate should demonstrate a commitment to support and respect the Brethren Church heritage, commit to theological education delivered from a Christ-centered worldview, express a strong commitment to a servant-leadership model, and a demonstrated ability to succeed in this role. Faculty represent the Seminary and engage in community activities that promote theological education and Christian practices in the field related to clinical mental health counseling.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in counselor education preferably from a CACREP-accredited program (ABDs from CACREP-accredited programs with a commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and service that directly benefits students will be considered).
- A record of successful experience in higher education and/or other educational environments (experience teaching in non-traditional formats, blended and/or online courses is a plus).
- Ohio licensed or licensed eligible as an LPC or LPCC
- A record of accomplishment as a collaborative servant-leader with outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ongoing involvement in the counseling profession (e.g. membership in ACA, AMHCA, and ACES).
- Possess a level of Christian experience/maturity that will enable community involvement.
- Possess knowledge about the mission and vision of ATS, its programs, and the ministry of theological education.
- Able to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and people skills, strong computer and organizational skills and must be able to think, plan and execute strategically.
- A customer service orientation and utilize relationship-building techniques in a cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse environment and engage with underrepresented ethnic groups.
To apply, visit: https://jobs.ashland.edu/postings/1268