Requisition Number:32293Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:FacultySchedule:Full-TimeDate Posted:28-Jul-2021[ Close All ]()Job SummaryThe *University of Colorado Law School* invites applications from entry-level and lateral candidates for one or more full-time, tenured or tenure-track faculty positions to begin at the start of the 2022-23 academic year.
We welcome applications from candidates in all subject areas and at all levels of seniority. However, we have especially strong needs in Tax Law, Environmental/Natural Resources Law, Health Law, Business/Commercial Law, American Indian Law, and Race and the Law (broadly construed). We are also very interested in candidates who can teach classes in the first-year curriculum, especially constitutional law, criminal law, legislation and regulation, or property, and in candidates who can teach negotiation/alternative dispute resolution.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreWe are an engaged, diverse, and inclusive community of students, faculty, staff, and alumni who help one another succeed. Our selective admissions process keeps our student body small, enabling our faculty, staff, alumni, and community to invest deeply in each student's success. Because we take our responsibility to educate and train future lawyers very seriously, our curriculum, research centers, and experiential learning opportunities are designed to prepare students for success in today's changing legal environment. What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeThe workload for this position is 40% Teaching/40% Research/20% Service:
* Teaching (40%): This position will teach an annual workload of 9-10 credits. Faculty members are expected to provide instruction and student advising as assigned by the Dean or his delegate. Classroom instruction responsibilities include holding class for the entire period for which the class is scheduled (including the final examination period) and evaluating students' work and assigning grades within the policies of school and campus. Ongoing curriculum development and planning is also an important component of teaching.
* Research (40%): It is expected that this position will research and prepare scholarly publications in the related areas of expertise, in addition to participation in academic conferences. Faculty members are expected to participate in scholarly and research activities which enhance their professional development and contribute to their disciplines.
* Service (20%): This position includes service to the institution. University service involves membership in departmental, college-level and university committees, attending departmental meetings, student recruitment and processing routine paperwork such as filling out reports, answering email, participating in surveys and voting in school and university elections as appropriate.
What You Should KnowAs part of the University of Colorado Boulder's deep commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion, the campus has implemented a [reference check pilot program](https://www.colorado.edu/hr/hiring/faculty/faculty-reference-check-pilot-program) with respect to final candidates for tenured faculty appointments. The reference check pilot program is intended to allow CU Boulder to collect and review information about a candidate's conduct at their previous institutions, specifically conduct related to sexual misconduct, harassment, and/or discrimination - before making hiring decisions. All final candidates for tenured faculty appointments are required to complete an Authorization to Release Information.What We Can Offer
* Associate Law Professor position pay range is $130,000 - $140,000 (entry level).
* Law Professor position pay range is $130,000 - $190,000 (lateral).
BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent [benefits](https://www.colorado.edu/jobs/benefits), including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the [University of Colorado Boulder](https://www.colorado.edu/about).Be StatementsBe engaged. Be innovative. Be Boulder.What We RequireWe seek candidates with great promise or a record of excellence in both scholarship and teaching. Candidates must hold a J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school or equivalent degree in a related field.Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
* Cover Letter
* PDF Sample of Work
* Please attach one to three research papers (combine documents into one file if submitting more than one paper).
* Diversity and Inclusion Statement
* Statement Describing Research Related Goals
Candidates should apply as soon as possible for full consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through [CU Boulder Jobs](http://jobs.colorado.edu).
Posting Contact Information*Posting Contact Name:* Boulder Campus Human Resources*Posting Contact Email:* Recruiting@colorado.edu