*Job no:* 501176
*Work type:* Instructional Faculty - Tenured/Tenure-Track
*Location:* Long Beach
*Categories:* Unit 3 - CFA - California Faculty Association, Tenured/Tenure-Track, Full Time, Faculty - Health Sciences
*Position*: Assistant Professor of Health Science (Global Health and Population)
*Effective Date: *August 17, 2022 (Fall Semester)
*Salary Range: *Commensurate with qualifications and experience
*Application Deadline*: Review of applications to begin August 24, 2021. Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled)
[College of Health and Human Services](https://www.csulb.edu/college-of-health-human-services)
[Department of Health Science](https://www.csulb.edu/college-of-health-human-services/health-science)
* Dr.PH or Ph.D. or D.Sc., or MD, or D.O. in Health or medicine (including program tracks related to Global Health [International Health], Population Health, Community Health, Biostats, Epidemiology, or a closely-related discipline) from an accredited university; Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2022.
* Demonstrated potential effectiveness and excellence for teaching/training undergraduate, graduate, or health/medical professionals
* Demonstrated potential for conducting research, scholarly and creative activities
* Demonstrated potential to provide effective service at the department, college, campus and in the community and/or profession.
* Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with diverse colleagues and student populations, such as, but not limited to, Asian/Asian American, Black/African American, Indigenous, Latinx/Hispanic, Middle Eastern, differently abled, LGBTQI, or elderly populations.*
* Ability to teach courses in the Health Science major and Public Health specialization
* Demonstrated cultural competence in working with diverse students, populations and international organizations
* Demonstrated potential for curriculum development in Health Science or Public Health
* Demonstrated experience in designing or conducting population-based studies, particularly among vulnerable global populations, including scholarly productivity in public or global health grants()
* Experience with multiple teaching modalities (e.g., face-to-face, hybrid, online learning)
* Provide high-quality instruction in the Department of Health Science. [Mode of instruction may include in-person, hybrid, online, and/or any combination thereof.]
* Develop a research agenda with high-quality outcomes leading to academic publications and discipline-specific conferences
* Maintain and apply for internal and external funding to support research agenda
* Lead the global health concentration and supervise students with thesis
* Develop/expand collaboration and partnerships with national and international organizations
* Participate in the development of undergraduate and graduate curriculum and accreditation
* Participate in service and work collaboratively within these institutional levels: the department, college, and university.
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University's strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
Information on excellent benefits package available to CSULB faculty is located here:
*How to Apply - Required **Documentation: *
* An Equity and Diversity Statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population (maximum two pages, single-spaced). For further information and guidelines, please visit: [http://www.csulb.edu/EquityDiversityStatement](http://www.csulb.edu/EquityDiversityStatement)
* Letter of application addressing the required and preferred qualifications
* Three references (to be contacted for confidential letters of recommendation should you reach the *finalist* *stage*)
* *Finalists* should be prepared to submit an official transcript from institution awarding highest degree (e-transcript preferred, if available)
*How to Apply:* Click Apply Now icon to complete the CSULB online application
Requests for information should be addressed to:
Dr. Alaei, MD, DrPH, Professor
California State University, Long Beach
Department of Health Science
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840*E-MAIL: *[email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)* or *(562) 985-8036*EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS:
*A background check (including a criminal record check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race or ethnicity (including color or ancestry), nationality, religion or religious creed, gender (or sex), gender identity (including transgender), gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, genetic information, age, veteran or military status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Advertised:* Jul 22, 2021 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
*Applications close:* Open until filled