Responsible for all instruction of students in all programs where applicable in accordance with established policies, procedures and established Charter College requirements.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Prepare and provide all lecture, laboratory and clinical instruction according to the required curriculum.
- Follow current course outlines, objectives, and evaluation mechanisms for the program and/or develop such when indicated by the President.
- Maintain a lesson plan of daily instructional events.
- Monitor student attendance and retention and document as required by the administration.
- Grading assignments, returning graded assignments to students, and assigning final grades for all students in a timely manner.
- Provide educational assistance to students during regularly scheduled times (i.e., office hours) or by appointment
- Substitute in classes when necessary.
- Advise students as it relates to school policies, satisfactory performance, etc. Maintain communication with Program Chair, Lead Instructor or Campus President (as applicable) regarding such activity.
- Submit in writing current textbook, supply, and equipment needs to the Program Manager, Lead Instructor or Campus President (as applicable).
- Monitor all equipment and supply inventory in locked facilities.
- Secure consumable supplies as well as educational materials from administrative office when needed.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Communicate with Program Manager, Lead Instructor or Campus President (as applicable) on all issues related to students.
- Maintain professional expertise (faculty development) to meet accreditation standards by attending educational seminars in professional field, reading current literature, attending online courses, etc.
- Ensure that students follow the catalog guidelines daily.
- Attend all scheduled mandatory meetings.
- Serve on committees (e.g., curriculum development, retention, etc) as assigned based upon expertise or campus needs.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Veterinary Technician License required
- Preferred candidates should have experience with small animals - no large animal experience needed
- 2 years experience in the field required
- Preference will go to candidates with previous instructor experience
- Full Time Position
We are committed to diversity. Prospect Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).About Charter College:
Charter College is a private, independent institution of higher education that emphasizes a new direction for continuing education. Charter College is not a liberal arts college, university, or a vocational school. Instead, Charter College takes the best elements from each of these respected educational institutions to create a unique and innovative experience that meets our students' needs. We offer career training programs in the growing fields of healthcare, business, legal, criminal justice, information technology and select trade careers. We strive to provide our students with a career-focused education that is both relevant in today's workspace and cutting-edge in technology and focus. https://www.chartercollege.edu/jobs