For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about. Job Summary
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Scientist 3, Metabolite ID
at our Discovery
site located in Worcester, MA
Serve as senior scientific team member with overall responsibilities for the scientific and operational management of metabolite identification programs supporting a variety of early to late stage in vitro ADME and in vivo PK studies. Provide support and direction for one or more functional areas of expertise critical to the business objectives of the company. Responsible for mentoring and management of more junior staff across multiple programs, scientific areas and client interactions.
- Function independently as the Study Director/Principal Investigator and technical expert in the metabolite profiling and identification area. Develop, perform, and troubleshoot bioanalytical laboratory experiments, tests, and procedures supporting in vitro ADME and in vivo PK studies within accepted regulatory compliance and in a timely manner which meet client needs.
- Function as the primary contact for the planning and execution of Sponsor interaction related to research and method development, and for the design, scheduling, conduct and reporting of studies with a primary focus on metabolite identification projects.
- Ensure raw data is accurate, complete, timely and in appropriate order to meet protocols and SOP specifications.
- Possess exceptional organizational and planning skills enabling management of multiple, concurrent tasks and priorities.
- Prepare high quality final reports appropriate for the study including method development, method optimization, sample analysis and data interpretation.
- Provide oversight of the laboratory and mentor scientific staff in areas such as protocol interpretation, method development and refinement, study-related problem resolution, and technique validation. Provide scientific expertise in study conduct, design, and interpretation.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting on analytical instrumentation including liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry systems.
- Direct the development and communication of departmental systems, SOPs, policies, and procedures.
- Attend and present novel work at scientific meetings.
- Primary point of contact for sponsor relationships.
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Principal Scientist 3, Metabolite ID
Education: Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent in a scientific related discipline. Related Master's degree (M.S./M.A.) or Ph.D. preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 9 years related experience in the contract research, academic, or pharmaceutical industry.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Certification/Licensure: Certification as appropriate for specialty preferred.
Other: Full understanding of regulatory requirements of study types assigned, as well as Testing Facility SOPs, as appropriate. Knowledge of applicable international guidelines for all types of studies. Demonstrate leadership skills as they pertain to intra- and interdepartmental initiatives, Sponsor interactions, and business development. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work and meet deadlines. Proficiency in the use of standard software including Microsoft® Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc. and analytical instrumentation software.About Discovery
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 320 patents and 74 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.