For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about. Job Summary
We are seeking a Scientist 2
for our Discovery
site located in Worcester
In this position individuals will serve as a Scientific team member for the company. This position requires a complete understanding of all aspects of PK/PD studies including the skills and techniques necessary to satisfy the overall study objectives. This position is also largely focused upon leveraging the individual's scientific strengths through the mentoring and management of more junior staff.
The following are responsibilities related to the Scientist 2
- Serve as a study director in the direction and execution of assigned nonclinical research studies.
- Participate in and coordinate all phases of the study planning process with appropriate departments.
- Generate high-quality protocols, amendments, and reports appropriate for assigned studies.
- Review, interpret, integrate, and present data on assigned studies, using the assistance of senior scientific staff as appropriate.
- Function as contact for the planning and execution of sponsor interaction related to assigned studies, including proposal management and study scheduling, conduct and reporting.
- Provide technical and scientific guidance to the research staff.
- Attend scientific meetings, conferences and training courses to enhance job and professional skills.
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Scientist 1 position:
Education: Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent in a scientific related discipline. Related Master's degree (M.S./M.A.) or PhD/DVM preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 6 years related experience in the contract research, academic, or pharmaceutical industry.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Other: Understanding of regulatory requirements of study types assigned, as well as Testing Facility SOPs, as appropriate. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work and meet deadlines. Proficiency in the use of standard software including Microsoft® Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc. and with standard laboratory calculations. Proficiency with NCA using Phoenix WinNonlin software.About Discovery
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 320 patents and 74 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.