Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most.
The Gene Therapy area of the Bioprocess R&D department is responsible for the development of GMP manufacturing processes for our gene therapy products. The Senior Associate Scientist in upstream process development is responsible for designing and executing mammalian cell bioreactor experiments in bench-top bioreactors and associated scale-down equipment with the goal of developing robust, scalable, and high productivity processes.What You Will Achieve
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. It is your hard work and dedication that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
The Senior Associate Scientist will have experience in laboratory research, and a desire to continue in a laboratory-focused role. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with fellow scientists to develop robust, efficient, scalable strategies for improving upstream process performance. Responsibilities will include conducting experiments and tests as part of a variety of research and development activities, e.g., small-scale studies, pilot plant and manufacturing upstream studies. The Senior Associate Scientist will be expected to summarize and evaluate the study results and to design and test new hypotheses to improve the fundamental understanding of upstream cell culture processes.How You Will Achieve It
- Design and execute mammalian cell culture experiments
- Utilize shake flasks, single use bioreactors and bench top stirred tank bioreactors for cell growth.
- Perform analytical methods to monitor cell growth, metabolites, and analyze productivity of cultures.
- Prepare samples for analysis for both internal and external shipment to outside laboratories
- Communicate experimental results both orally and in written reports
- Record complete and accurate laboratory data in accordance Pfizer's policies. Adheres to Pfizer's safety work processes
Other Job Details:
- Bachelor'sDegree(BA/BS)and 3+ years of experience. Degree in biological science or chemical/biological engineering.
- Prior cell culture experience in a laboratory setting, preferably in process development of biotherapeutics
- Basic skills include aseptic technique, cell counting, culturing mammalian cell lines in shake flasks and/or bioreactors, thawing and freezing cell lines, and determination of cell culture metabolites
- Willing to expand scientific skills and accept direction from senior staff members.
- Ability to learn new procedures and work with computerized process control equipment
- Ability to execute detailed experimental plans, record procedures, and analyze data
- Self-motivated, organized, capable of working independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Able to work in a fast-paced team environment with changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication capabilities.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Last Date to Apply for Job: December 14th, 2021
- Relocation support available
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development