Why Patients Need You
Everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to the quality and the delivery of safe and effective products to patients. Our science and risk-based compliant quality culture is flexible, innovative, and customer oriented. Whether you are involved in development, maintenance, compliance or analysis through research programs, your contribution will directly impact patients.What You Will Achieve
At Pfizer we deliver Breakthroughs That Change Patients Lives. The Chemical Biology group plays a vital role in this mission as a key partner in the advancement of Pfizer's small molecule portfolio. We are seeking passionate and innovative scientists with experience in chemical biology/cell biology and/or mass spectrometry to join our world-class team in Cambridge MA. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to team goals and directly influence the discovery of Pfizer's future drugs. We are looking for ambitious scientists with a passion for teamwork, creativity, scientific excellence, and tenacity to see their work lead to First in Class medicines and scientific breakthroughs. As a colleague in the Chemical Biology group, your work will enable deeper understanding of the mechanism of action of our molecules and cellular targets in ensuring the best molecules/targets are advanced further to meet unmet medical needs.How You Will Achieve
- Ability to work in highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams
- Desire to learn new skills (examples: cell assays, transfection, mass spectrometry sample prep, chemo-proteomics)
- Work under limited/moderate supervision and generate data to decipher small molecule/target mechanisms
- Communicate effectively with team and present data/future directions at meetings
- Effective time-management to meet agreed targets; develop plans for short-term work activities on own projects
- Actively participate in all aspects of laboratory operations (examples: general housekeeping, instrumentation upkeep & maintenance, cell culture)
- M.S (+0 yrs experience) in biological sciences, chemical biology, analytical/organic chemistry, or a related field
- B.S (3+ years' experience) in biological sciences, chemical biology, analytical/organic chemistry, or a related field
- Highly skilled & collaborative laboratory experimentalist with a strong work ethic and experience of working on biological systems (cells/cell lysates/ex vivo tissues etc.).
- Applied knowledge/expertise in analytical/purification techniques commonly used in chemical biology, for example: may include - gel electrophoresis/Western Blots/molecular biology/ELISA/proteomics
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills, self-motivated and a team player capable to work in a flexible, matrixed team.
- 0-2 Industry experience
- Experience of working in the following areas would be desirable: chemo-proteomics, click chemistry; site-selective protein modification; photoaffinity cross-linking; affinity enrichment.
- Experience and knowledge in the operation and maintenance of different types of mass spectrometers (e.g. QExactives)
Other Job Details:
- Laboratory-based role that includes l ifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, pipetting.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to perform complex/moderately complex data analysis.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Last Date to Apply for Job: December 3rd,2021
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development