The CRP Director of Pharmacy Operations will lead a team of Pfizer Investigational Product Coordinators (PIPCs) coordinating day to day IP handling activities with the following partner-line colleagues to respond and resolve IP handling matters: Pfizer Study Management, Clinical Research Organization colleagues (e.g. Clinical Research Associate/Study Monitor, Clinical Trial Manager, etc.) and Site Care Partners (i.e. Site Relationship and Excellence Partners). The Director of Pharmacy Operations will also work closely with the Clinical Research Pharmacists (CRP) to support the coordination and development of clinical labels and patient focused packaging designs, as well as the creation of instructions related to IP preparation and administration. The Director provides input to the strategic direction for Clinical Research Pharmacy organization providing expertise on clinical site/pharmacy operations; aseptic preparation guidelines for injectables; clinical disease state and patient journey reviews.
- Lead the Pfizer Investigational Product Coordinator team in the support and management of Lightspeed and other clinical studies for WRDM, GPD as well as Investigator Initiated Research (IIR) customers
- Member of the CRP LT and management structure with a focus on strategic and operational excellence
- Provides leadership and coaching for global clinical Research Pharmacy of ~ 15 to 20 colleagues and contractors; create and maintain an engaging and agile environment for colleagues
- Provide strategic leadership of oversight of all GCS clinical site and patient focused initiatives: Ensure patient focus strategy that aligns with Med Sci., PSSM, BTX Pharm Sci, BT, GPD, QA and Pfizer strategies
- Provide leadership and coordination of the CRP activities with respect to the central labeling design team in conjunction with Clinical Supply Operations (CSO).
- Delivers excellence in Clinical Supply by influencing a matrix of leaders across GCS to deliver cost effective, high quality and patient focus clinical supplies according to agreed timelines
- Develops and leverages resource across GCS functions to implement innovative ideas/processes/tools to achieve GCS long term strategic vision and support the Clinical Research Pharmacy Team.
- Hires, develops and retains talents to enable the execution of the GCS Culture of Innovation and Patient Focused strategies.
- Deploys and manages Continuous Patient Focus initiatives that are aligned with GCS strategy toward excellence in quality and Patient focus.
- Coordinates the deployment of CRP resources to enable the delivery GCS mission with initiatives (e.g. IP Manuals, Central Label Design, Patient dosing cards)
- Works and coordinate with other GCS eLT members and leaders on the implementation and smooth communication of GCS strategic goals to ensure timely delivery of quality clinical supplies within the budget.
- Deliver excellence in CRP, including the use of harmonized tools, processes and systems, to deliver cost effective, high quality IP Handling information and training according to agreed timelines.
- Proactively ensure quality and compliance through CRP risk identification and mitigation plans, strategic planning and execution, and overall design input.
- Responsible for recruitment, supervision, leadership and management of CRP resources to ensure staff are motivated and developed to their full potential and in line with the needs of the GCS organization
- Foster the continued development of clinical pharmacy skills, including therapeutic and specialty area knowledge and certifications where applicable (e.g. BCSCS, BCOP)
- Assist with the management and expansion the Biopharmaceutical Fellowship and student programs
- A degree in Pharmacy (PharmD preferred) with 7 -10 years of Clinical Pharmacy or equivalent pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience.
- Hospital pharmacy experience required.
- Management experience preferred
Completion of a post-PharmD Industry Fellowship or pharmacy practice residency is desirable.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Up to 10% travel may be required, domestic and international
Relocation support availablePfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development