OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 10/26/21
A full-time faculty member is a College employee whose primary assignment involves teaching or the direct support of teaching. The position of full-time faculty member is a demanding one that involves delivery of instruction, preparation and evaluation of such instruction, accessibility to students, committee assignments, and service to College and community. Teach day and evening classes at multiple instruction sites as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Conduct assigned classes of instruction in the best manner to achieve student learning; present information, ideas, and skills in ways which are appropriate to a variety of learning styles and which show sensitivity to a diverse student population.
* Provide students with the approved course syllabus and relate instruction and evaluation to that syllabus.
* Treat students with tact and respect, maintain collegial relationships, and work productively as a member of a team.
* Evaluate achievement with timely interim and final performance evaluations and assign grades which reflect College policy and the achievement of course objectives as stated in the syllabus.
* Provide academic advising, maintain regular office hours, and maintain overall accessibility to students, which necessitates flexibility in arranging out-of-class consultations to accommodate student needs.
* Maintain instructional quality and effectiveness through constant and timely revisions of programs and course syllabi within assigned content area.
* Maintain class records and submit required reports in a timely manner.
* Develop new courses and select and recommend appropriate instructional materials and textbooks.
* Attend and otherwise participate in scheduled Department, Division, and College meetings and participate in graduation.
* Maintain currency in content areas through appropriate professional development.
* Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and/or confidential information. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships. Accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Utilize independent judgment in problem-solving of complex issues. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adhere to the College's policies, procedures, and other established guidelines.
* Serve on College committees.
* Participate in activities that enhance the College's service to students and to the community.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
* Masters degree from a nationally accredited institution in accounting (or in a related field with at least 18 graduate hours in accounting) required.
* Must meet minimum SACSCOC criteria and the minimum criteria of other pertinent accrediting, licensing, and credentialing agencies in the area of teaching assignment.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
* College-level teaching experience in accounting required.
* Community college teaching experience preferred.
* Online teaching experience using Blackboard learning management system preferred.
Click to apply today!