Adjunct Instructor: English Composition
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Schedule: Possible daytime, off-campus, and/or online
Job Status: Temporary Part-time
Reports To: Department Chair of Liberal Arts
Amount of Travel Required: n/a
Candidates will be screened and interviewed for appointment as adjunct instructors. Adjunct instructors will be evaluated on a regular basis. Instructional orientation will be provided for all candidates. Candidates must be eligible to be employed within the position classification through the College. Resumes or other supplemental material cannot be substituted for any part of the application. Please submit a resume, cover letter, formal NEO application (located on our website: www.neo.edu) unofficial transcripts to the following address: Hollie Synder, Coordinator of Human Resources, Northeastern Oklahoma A & M College; Box 3842 Miami, OK 74354. AA/EOE
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Provide quality instruction and academic environment for students;
- Communicate with students in a timely manner;
- Follow course outline and syllabus, appropriate text(s) and materials;
- Submit required documents, such as grades, assessment reports, and syllabi, in a timely manner.
- Maintain professional standards and procedures for instruction in accordance with College policies and procedures.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- College Level English Composition: Master's Degree in English or subfield, or Master's degree in another field with 18 graduate hours in English or subfield.
- Remedial Level English Composition: Bachelor's Degree in English or subfield.
Experience: Experience teaching the subject matter preferred, but not required.
Computer Skills: General computer skills preferred.
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $450.00 per month
Work Location: Multiple Locations