- Geriatric Oncologist Top Academic Medical Center
Geriatric Oncologist Top Academic Medical Center Geriatric Oncologist - Top Academic Medical Center
The University of Kansas Cancer Center (KUCC) is seeking a full time academic clinical physician/investigator with demonstrated interest in geriatric oncology. The successful candidate will join a burgeoning team of physicians and allied health professionals in the Division of Medical Oncology, Division of Geriatrics, and the Landon Center on Aging in order to continue developing and formalizing a Geriatric Oncology program for the NCI-designated KU Cancer Center. The selected candidate will be integrated into the academic and teaching activities of the KU Clinical Research Center, the Division of Medical Oncology, and KUCC research programs.Job Description
- Develop outpatient Geriatric Oncology assessment/consultative practice
- Formalize and implement a Geriatric Oncology clinical program and research base
- Conduct tandem subspecialty medical oncology clinical practice
- Seeking Physician-investigators at the Assistant/Associate Professor level (MD or MD/PhD)
- Board certified/eligible in medical oncology or hematology/oncology, training in geriatric medicine, and eligible for licensure in Kansas
- Proven ability to serve in a consultative capacity in geriatric oncology as well as manage a parallel subspecialty oncology practice, as well as conduct geriatric oncology clinical and/or translational research. This position does not require laboratory research.
- Successful candidates will have demonstrated record of excellency in clinical care, originality and productivity in research, existing or potential for consistent extramural funding and an interest in graduate and medical education
The salary range is among the most competitive in the nation and is based on the applicant's qualifications. Our benefit package is highly generous as well.About The University of Kansas Hospital
About Kansas City
- 923-bed academic medical center
- Region's most experienced nationally verified Level I Trauma Center
- Since 2007, recognized among U.S. News & World Report's Best Hospitals
- Nationally recognized as best hospital in Kansas City and Kansas by U.S. News & World Report
- Consistently earns national recognition for outstanding quality and safety
- Magnet-designated by ANCC since 2006
- NCI designated Cancer Center, with robust GMP and translational laboratory research facilities
- The University of Kansas Cancer Center has a distinguished teaching, research, and clinical faculty, which receives >$60 million in annual cancer research funding
- Known for jazz, barbecue and fountains, Kansas City is a creative community that prides itself on good times and friendly, fun-loving people
- The Kansas City metro area has a bi-state population of greater than 2 million
- Affordable housing, including downtown lofts, suburban neighborhoods and rural properties
- Excellent school systems at all levels
- The city has a fun cultural vibe inspired by a thriving arts scene, including symphony, ballet, theater and museums
- Job ID: 58895347
- Position Title: Geriatric Oncologist Top Academic Medical Center
- Company Name: University of Kansas Health System
The University of Kansas Health System in Kansas City is a world-class academic medical center and destination for complex care and diagnosis. We offer more options for patients with serious conditions because of our expertise and leadership in medical research and education. Our physicians are researchers and educators expanding the boundaries of medical knowledge. Their major breakthroughs lead to the life-changing treatments and technologies of the future.
Oncology Regional Medical Scientific Director -...
Merck & Co., Inc.
Multi-Site Director of Operations for Mission... 2001 6th Ave, Suite 2700Seattle, Washington98121(206) 956-3650