*Research Assistant III*
*Req No:* 2021-12579
*Close Date:* 11/30/2021
*Measurement and Evaluation Research Group (MERG; Georg E. Matt, PhD, Director) *is an extramurally funded research group at San Diego State University (SDSU) with members from the Public Health, Chemistry, Biology, Psychology and Communications departments at SDSU as well as external research groups. The research conducted at MERG covers a wide range of issues in measurement, evaluation, and health policy.
Under direct supervision, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting with implementation of extramurally funded applied tobacco research projects. Research projects conducted by this unit are led by investigators from San Diego State University in collaboration with researchers from other research, academic, and clinical institutions throughout the US. An understanding of the research process, effective and efficient communication skills, excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail are critical for successful completion of responsibilities. The incumbent's primary responsibility will be to translate technical medical and scientific information for dissemination to the general public and stakeholder groups. The incumbent will research, interpret, write, and edit scientific information for posting on our website, newsletter articles, and lay publications.
*Prepare & Edit Scientific Report Content (50%)*
• Based on decision of editorial meeting, use established templates to prepare a summary, including social media text and image selection, for each research study.
• Move the draft version through the editing process in a timely manner to meet posting deadline and upload finished version for posting.
• Prepare newsletter and trade group articles, fact sheets, etc. in response to requests from stakeholders.
• Assist with regular update of website content (e.g., Frequently Asked Question).
*Research Review 20%*
• Following established protocols, search peer-reviewed literature for research studies.
• Research and review studies for their relevance.
*Study Interpretation (20%)*
• Read and summarize the research study, including methods and findings.
• Apply criteria for inclusion/exclusion for use of the research article by MERG (e.g., summarize for a "news and update"; alert research team)
• Present each research study at weekly editorial meeting, along with recommendations.
*Other Duties as Assigned (10%)*
* Completion of sufficient upper division coursework
* OR -Equivalent of two years full time progressively responsible related experience in lieu of coursework.
* Undergraduate degree in communications, journalism, public health or a related field
* Prior experience in a psychology or public health research setting.
* Experience with social media platforms (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
* Experience with website design
* Experience with Canva, Prezi, or related
*ADDITIONAL APPLICANT INFORMATION:*
* Please note that due to the potential for the contamination of study samples, the Research Assistant must be a nonsmoker and non-user of tobacco, electronic cigarettes, and marijuana, and must reside with nonsmokers/ nonusers.
* The COVID-19 vaccine is required by the CSU for all SDSU Research Foundation employees as a condition of employment. Should you be offered a position, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination status. Individuals who obtain an approved medical or religious exemption on file will be required to complete regular COVID-19 testing
* A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with SDSU Research Foundation
* San Diego State University Research Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
*To apply, visit [https://careers-sdsurf.icims.com/jobs/12579/research-assistant-iii/job?in_iframe=1](https://apptrkr.com/2651420)
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
[Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency](https://www.jobelephant.com/)