*Position Title:*Assistant Professor of Chemistry - Ancilla College of Marian University
*Job Description:*As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, the Department of Chemistry and Physical Sciences at Marian University-Indianapolis seeks qualified applicants for a Full Time Non-Tenure Track faculty member to teach general general chemistry and similar subjects at our new location, Ancilla College at Marian University, in Plymouth, Indiana. This position reports to the Academic Dean at Ancilla regarding day-to-day operations and to the chair of the Department of Chemistry and Physical Sciences at Marian University - Indianapolis for curricular issues, direction in disciplinary development, and academic evaluation. Preference will be given to those showing the ability to develop an undergraduate research program. The successful candidate will promote Marian University's Catholic mission and identity by fostering student learning through innovative pedagogy, inclusive practices, and contributions to a research across the curriculum model that integrates authentic, novel research projects into introductory courses for majors. The Department of Chemistry and Physical Science at Marian University is a collaborative and growing academic community committed to fostering student engagement, problem solving, and communication. Marian University believes that to grow stronger it is essential to recruit and retain a diverse faculty to build an inclusive community. Thus, we welcome and encourage applications across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, cultures, and national origins. Marian University is a Catholic, comprehensive, regional institution of higher education dedicated to excellent teaching and learning in the Franciscan and liberal arts traditions and offers a multitude of undergraduate, graduate and professional programs. Marian University has been experiencing significant growth over the last decade and is expanding its academic offerings in many areas. *Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
* Teach 12 load hours per semester in general chemistry and other 100-200 level courses in chemistry. Course releases may be available for individuals participating in grant writing, research, or developing innovative pedagogy.
* Demonstrate academic excellence, the potential for distinctive contributions to the holistic development of students, and actively participate in the life of the campus, and help advance the mission and values of the university.
* Engage students in research, scholarship and other professional activities.
* Mentor and advise students through academic advising, clubs, research and internship opportunities.
* Participate in the life of the campus and university service, including participation in faculty governance and co-curricular programs.
* Contribute to curriculum development and assessment within the department.
* Actively participate in faculty governance within the department and across the university.
*Required Qualifications:**Required Qualifications:*
* Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University.
* A Master's degree in Chemistry is required; however, an earned doctorate, is strongly preferred.
* Demonstrated potential for excellence and innovation in student-centered instruction of students of varying abilities at the university level.
* Demonstrated interest in science teaching pedagogy, curriculum and program development. Experience with online teaching is preferred.
* Potential for ongoing research, publication and activity in professional associations.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues of diverse backgrounds.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current CV, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions. Ancilla College of Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
*Please Review Marian University's Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:
*Number of Vacancies:*1
*Open Until Filled:*Yes
*Special Instructions to Applicants:**
Please Review Marian University's Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:
*Quick Link for Internal Postings:*[https://marian.peopleadmin.com/postings/434](https://marian.peopleadmin.com/postings/434)