Job DescriptionPART-TIME SCHOOL NURSE
PRIDE Schools, Spokane, WashingtonDESCRIPTION
PRIDE Schools District is looking for a compassionate and dedicated School Nurse to provide effective school health services, and meet the needs of students and staff at PRIDE Schools. This position will be required to conduct specific medical duties, and enforce state mandated immunization and health requirements. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, self-motivated, flexible / adaptable to evolving COVID guidelines, and receptive of direction and feedback from supervisors. They need to possess a high degree of energy and the ability to multitask. Candidates with good communication and organizational skills are essential to this position. Applicants must be able to manage time efficiently and to work individually as well as within a team. They must also be able to do physical work, communicate effectively with people all day long, and operate a Mac computer utilizing Microsoft Office and Google Suite programs.HOURS:
Part-Time: 20-30 hours per weekANTICIPATED START DATE:
As soon as possible.SALARY:
Salary range will be negotiated based on the actual schedule.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Enforce immunization and other state mandated health requirements, which include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs direct services to include health assessments of selected students, communication of those health concerns, selected professional nursing treatments, and emergency services when on site.
- Train, supervise and delegate medication procedures and other nursing procedures delegated to non-nurse staff as allowed by law.
- Develop Emergency Care Plans, Individual Health Plans, and 504 plans, for students with special health concerns.
- Provide consultation and direction for school district staff to address communicable disease control, immunization surveillance and mandated health screenings.
- Assist district administrators in writing and adopting school health policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with the superintendent and business manager to ensure district health policies and procedures are current.
- Work with other departments to develop health and safety programs and to assist with crisis response.
- Provide health counseling and crisis intervention to students; serve as a liaison for students with the school, family, and health care providers.
- Maintain effective working relationships with district staff and work as a team member.
- Collaborate with community agencies such as the Washington State Department of Health, Rural Resources, Spokane County Health District, DSHS, CPS, and Children's Hospital to ensure proper care, treatment and referral of students.
- Coordinate and oversee the implementation of health screenings (vision and hearing), mandated by law, including referral and follow up.
- As time allows, facilitate training for school staff, provide health education, and nursing consultation for development of IEP's.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a statewide reporting system to collect data on student health.
- Provide consultation for staff regarding lice identification, and parents in lice elimination procedures.
- Perform various, related duties as assigned.
A combination of education and experience are required, including:
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must possess a valid Washington State Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- ESA nursing endorsement / school nursing experience preferred & Pediatric and/or public health experience preferred.
- Must favorably pass Washington State Patrol/FBI background check.
- Possess a valid Driver's license.
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification.
- Knowledge of current health issues affecting school children.
- Demonstrates mature behavior and ability to use sound judgment in working with parents, students, staff and community.
- Demonstrates a high level of competence in written (computer) and oral communication.
- Knowledge of confidentiality standards.
- Knowledge of school nurse practice as described in RCW's and WAC's.
- Basic computer skills.
- Reliable personal transportation and willingness to work beyond regular working hours.
Terms of work to be discussed during the hiring process through the end of the year with the possibility of continuing next school year. Salary range will be negotiated based on the actual schedule.APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Please submit an application through our website : www.prideschools.org/employmentApplicants must submit:
- General cover letter
- Two letters of recommendation
PRIDE Schools does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal. and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
Company DescriptionWe are a district of free public charter schools in Spokane, WA, serving students in grades 6-8 at PRIDE Prep Middle School and grades 9-12 at Innovation High School. Our hands-on, project-based learning approach through the International Baccalaureate framework empowers students to be confident, life-long learners.
The mission of Pride Schools is to honor the diversity and capacity of people through innovative education design. Our students are inspired to create, innovate, and challenge the status quo in a world that demands better-designed systems, new solutions, and increased communication.
At PRIDE Schools, teachers and staff care about every student, creating an inclusive environment where students can be themselves and find a place to belong.