Reporting to the Associate Dean of Graduate Studies, faculty program directors are members of the College's full-time faculty with primary responsibility for all aspects of curriculum, courses, and instructional quality. Faculty Program Directors are experienced master teachers who supervise the course-design and revision work of subject matter experts (SMEs), and mentor and supervise instructional faculty. They also teach courses and work directly with students, as assigned by their dean. Faculty Program Directors participate in college governance through service on college and school councils, committees, and task forces. Additional key parts of the Faculty Program Director role include curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation; selection, orientation, and mentoring of part-time instructional and clinical faculty; and engaging with students. It is preferred that the Faculty Program Director is located in Albany, NY or the surrounding areas. However, remote work arrangements may be explored.Duties and Responsibilities:Curriculum\Academic Excellence
- The FPD supports a high standard of academic quality in curriculum, teaching, and assessment by:
- Serving in a leadership role while working with instructional faculty, instructional designers, advisory committees, and outcomes assessment professionals in the development and continuous improvement of curricula;
- Fostering a culture of excellence, innovation, and engagement in curriculum development and course design;Teaching courses at Excelsior College on load designated by dean of school (or designee);
- Engaging in evidence-based decision making and quality improvement at the program and course levels;
Professional Development\Academic Engagement
- The FPD oversees the administration of courses and supervises faculty by:
- Recruiting and selecting high quality instructional faculty and subject matter experts (SME) in compliance with Human
- Resources policies and procedures;
- Managing and evaluating, and mentoring instructional teaching faculty and SMEs;
- Collaborating with college and school leadership in strategic planning and the allocation of resources, including on college-wide governance councils and groups;
- Collaborating with marketing to develop and maintain student-facing academic content and to promote academic offerings
- The FPD engages in professional development, academic engagement in their field, and/or scholarship in ways that include, but are not not limited to, the scholarship of discovery, integration, application, teaching and engagement.
- An earned Doctorate degree in the field of business, economics, accounting, finance or related field
- Training or 5 years of experience in assessment and evaluation of learning
- Experience with online/distance education, including curriculum development, pedagogy, and/or andragogy
- Supervisory experience, especially supervision of staff at a distance
- 5 years teaching or training experience in higher education
- Demonstrated track record or progressive advancement their field
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication
- Demonstrated commitment to the nontraditional education of adults
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies and staff
- Familiarity with higher education, experience in curriculum and training development and implementation and/or industry experience at a managerial level preferred
- Ability to leverage and grow relationships with government, industry, military and academic leaders, trainers, and individuals in the field of business.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270 .
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior College is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.
Talk to us!