Principal Scientist FDPS - Delivery & Device
Technical Operations & Process Sciences - Bothell, WashingtonDescriptionSummary:
Seagen is recruiting for a Principal Scientist in the Formulation & Drug Product Sciences (FDPS) - Delivery & Device team. The Principal Scientist will be a foundational member within the Delivery & Device team, with the opportunity to work in a dynamic cross-functional environment (clinical, development, commercial, manufacturing) and establish the core capabilities of delivery science at Seagen. This is the perfect role for an individual with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to have high organizational impact.Requirements:
- Identify and champion new ideas and technologies to enable alternative routes of administration for the Seagen pipeline
- Lead formulation design and assessment for novel routes of administration for early/late-stage antibody and antibody-drug conjugate programs
- Work on delivery science programs of diverse scope using data, analytics, critical thinking, and scientific creativity to identify innovative and practical solutions
- Lead and/or coordinate departmental and cross-functional programs/initiatives
- Leverages literature, ICH/Regulatory guidance, and practical experience to perform their work and influence CMC strategies
- Authors and reviews technical reports, manufacturing documents, regulatory submissions and publications
- Regularly present at department, project team, and senior management meetings
- Influence externally through journal publications, presentations, and participation in relevant industry forums
- Act as a manager and coach to direct reports, setting clear goals and expectations, providing timely feedback, and championing their development
- At least 2 years supervisory or leadership experience
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional development teams
- Experience developing biologics formulation for multiple routes of administration
- Proficiency in novel drug product format/technology development; protein formulation development; analytical and biophysical characterization; drug product process development
- Experience authoring regulatory submissions, with understanding of relevant regulations for delivery sciences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with combination products and medical devices is a plus
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biological Sciences, Material Science, Biomedical or Chemical Engineering, or a related discipline
- Principal Scientist level - M.S. with 14+ years or Ph.D. with 5+ years
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
NewYorkLifeScience.com, owned and published by Info.Resource, Inc. , is a resource
for the life science industry in the state of New York.