Associate Director Health Economics Outcomes Research
Commercial - Bothell, WashingtonDescriptionSummary
As a member of Seagen's Global HEOR team, the Associate Director of HEOR will contribute to the strategy and lead tactical efforts to address global health economics-related drivers and barriers to market access for the assigned product and/or indication(s). S/he will assess evidence needs, propose inclusion of clinical trial endpoints and inform on other aspects of clinical trial design, and lead relevant strategic evidence generation, including analyses of data from both primary and secondary sources. S/he will also develop product value propositions and messaging. This role will focus on supporting PADCEV but may extend to some work with earlier pipeline. The position will report to one of the senior members of HEOR and will reside in the G V and A (Global Value and Access) department. This role will also require cross-functional collaboration across departments such as Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Marketing, Market Access, and multiple other functions.Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and synthesize the existing evidence base for the indications of interest, to identify data and assess knowledge gaps
- Lead the design, execution, and analysis of HEOR tactics to support the value propositions of the assigned compounds and indications thereof
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to include key data elements and endpoints in clinical trials to support the development of economic models and payer submissions
- Lead efforts to develop evidence-based health economic models to support global and local payer strategies and requirements
- Engage with global health economics opinion leaders and external clinical advisors to seek their guidance, validation, and support
- Partner with Medical Affairs and Clinical Development colleagues to prepare conference presentations, manuscripts, and other communications
- Build/adapt content and data for submission to health insurers, payers, and global health technology assessment authorities
Demonstrated ability to:
- PharmD, Masters, or PhD in Health Economics, Outcomes Research, Epidemiology, Health Services Research, or other related field. Biological sciences or clinical background necessary
- 5+ years of HEOR and/or market access experience in either global or US roles. Previous experience working in the actuarial, academic, or payer setting may be considered
- Experience developing global value dossiers, developing health economic models, patient-reported outcome strategy (including analytics and regulatory/HTA submissions), and observational research methods required
- Knowledge of the evolving payer landscape and payer evidence requirements in the US and globally
- Oncology experience strongly preferred but not required
- Develop meaningful cross-functional relationships, work effectively with colleagues from all parts of the organization, and respond to team needs effectively and efficiently
- Use rigorous logic and analytical methods to solve difficult problems, thrive in ambiguity and act with incomplete information, be self-motivated and advance projects without supervision
- Ability to critically review clinical and health economic literature, including disease state information, clinical trial design and results, and pharmacoeconomic studies, in order to understand implications for value to payers
- Ability to drive results in a highly fluid, interactive, matrixed environment
- Demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically scope problem solving approach, and manage execution
- Demonstrated ability to think and plan strategically, identify strategic options and trade-off, strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral/written communications skills and interpersonal skills up, down and across the organization
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.Seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
NewYorkLifeScience.com, owned and published by Info.Resource, Inc. , is a resource
for the life science industry in the state of New York.