We are seeking a School Nurse to join our team! You will be responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of students and staffResponsibilities:
- Administer nursing care.
- Diagnose and establish treatment.
- Monitor and report changes in terms of symptoms or behavior.
- Communicate with directors, and collaborate with teachers regarding student status to be in synch and ensure effective communications with parents.
- Educate staff about health maintenance and COVID-19 prevention
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Maintain accurate medical records
- Proactively manage immunization records
- Ensure compliance with CDC, DOH and OCFS regulations
- Previous experience in nursing in a school environment
- Experience with medical software and equipment
- Ability to build rapport with staff and parents
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Must have computer skills for emails, documentation, et. al.