Chemist Do you have the appetite to develop in your role for a growing, global organization? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Nestlé Health Science are looking for a Chemist
to join their Quality function on a full-time, permanent basis. Based in one of our manufacturing facilities in Pittsburgh, PA you will report directly into the Senior Analytical Chemist. You will be responsible for supporting the adherence in the sampling process following the FDA, cGMP, and SOP guidelines. You will be sampling and releasing raw materials to the production floor for manufacturing, while also demonstrating quality control practices.
Who are Nestlé Health Science?
Founded in 2011, Nestlé Health Science (NHSc) is a globally recognized leader in the field of nutritional science, committed to redefining the management of health. We offer an extensive portfolio of science-based consumer health, medical nutrition, and supplement brands.
We are headquartered in Switzerland and have more than 5,000 employees around the world, with a presence in 66 countries.
Approximately half of our business is dedicated to medical nutrition (products that are available primarily through healthcare providers) and half is dedicated to consumer care, or over the counter, nutritional solutions. We cover the spectrum from new-borns to the most senior citizens, from individuals looking to enhance their fitness performance to those that need extra special nutritional care due to illnesses.
What will you do?
As a Chemist
your main responsibilities will consist of the following:
- Proficient in the safe and operation of all General Lab, ICP, HPLC and UV/VIS instrumentation
- Adherence to all applicable USP, GLP, cGMP and ISO Standards
- Perform duties in compliance with OSHA and EPA regulations
- Test (via chemical and instrumental analysis) and report results for all required raw materials and finished products
- Assist the Sr. Chemist in method development and validation
- Trouble shoots SOPs, instruments or surprising/OOS results
- Manages annual PM contracts for assigned instruments and assures they do not expire
- Participate in ISO and/or other regulatory audits as required
- Literature research as required
- Participate in inter-laboratory proficiency testing
- Reporting of results as required
- Advanced maintenance of instrumentation
- Manage laboratory supply level
- Assist in the training of Laboratory personnel
- Identifies trends and opportunities for improvement
- Any other job duties as reasonably requested
Who are we looking for?
- Demonstrable experience within a similar role (requires expertise and proficiency with lab equipment (HPLC and/or ICP in particular) and data collection)
- Good understanding of cGMP's
- Able to analyse and investigate issues and implement solutions
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Reliable and safety minded
- Ability to stand and work in a fast-paced environment
What we will offer in return...'the benefits package'
- Competitive Salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Continuous professional development and training
- Access to discounted organizational products
- Discounted personalised supplement recommendations based on lifestyle, health history and individual needs
- Employee recognition scheme
- Competitive PTO allowance + public holidays
- Generous 401k scheme
- Comprehensive healthcare options
- Company paid employee health programmes inclusive of life insurance, short term & long-term disability, and telemedicine
- Employee Assistance Programme
*some benefits are subject to a qualifying period*
Do you think your skills match what we are looking for? Then get applying!
Please email a copy of your resume with a covering letter across to firstname.lastname@example.org along with any questions you may have.
We accept job applications in a variety of formats and should you need any documents in a different format or require any further support or assistance, please contact the HR department on 412-722-0442
or at email@example.com