Contributes to the department by successfully demonstrating knowledge and skills required to instruct and supervise students in the cosmetology discipline. Strives to promote the safety, health and comfort of the students, employees and guests of the College. Assumes initiative for carrying out the mission and goals of the Professional & Technical programs.
1. Provides instruction that fulfills the requirements of the NC State Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners and the North Carolina Community College System for Cosmetology courses.
2. Demonstrates pivot point cosmetic art techniques in a simulated salon environment, that will enable students to develop manipulative skills and knowledge needed to achieve licensure.
3. Monitors inventory of supplies: maintains and teaches safety and sanitation measures to meet North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners requirements.
4. Completes and maintains accurate student grades, attendance and performance records.
5. Utilizes Moodle software and maintains accurate gradebook and student assignments.
6. Update, communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.
7. Establishes positive rapport and effective communication with cosmetology director, faculty and staff, clients, peers and students.
8. Follows the appropriate chain of supervision, while demonstrating professionalism at all times.
9. Fulfill the duties of clinical or lab instructor in supervision of students as applicable.
10. Evaluate student performance using cosmetology rubrics.
11. Prepare lesson plans and activities; prepare and oversee student projects and salon operations.
1. Requires the ability to apply principles, such as motivation, professionalism, and leadership.
2. Ability to use effective critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
1. Attend workshops, conferences, and professional meetings.
2. Participate in on-campus professional development activities.
3. Maintain current licensure, certification, or other professional credentials required for position.
1. Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures.
2. Attend all required department, division, and college-wide meetings.
3. Assist with cosmetology club, Skills U.S.A. as required.
1. Assist in planning and conducting advisory committee meetings.
1. A.A.S. in Cosmetology from an accredited institution and two years documented experience as a Cosmetologist.
2. Currently holds North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners Cosmetologist license and Cosmetology Teacher license.
3. Demonstrated teaching skills.
4. Demonstrated artistic manipulative skills in Cosmetology.
5. Computer skills including Word, Excel and Power Point.
1. Pivot Point Training.
2. Five years cosmetology experience.
3. CEUs and /or advanced education in Cosmetology.
4. Two (2) to three (3) years of Community College Instructor Experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
1. Upon submitting your on-line application, unofficial transcript must be uploaded to your application for the related degree(s) listed in the "Minimum Requirements" and/or "Preferred Qualifications" section of the job posting. The unofficial transcript must list the individual courses taken. Diplomas will not be considered in lieu of an unofficial transcript.