Senior Research Scientist - Early Stage Clinical Programs
Research - Bothell, WashingtonDescriptionSummary
Seagen is seeking a highly collaborative Sr. Scientist to lead research activities supporting early-stage clinical programs. This individual will be responsible for research activities on cross-functional project teams for late-stage clinical molecules and/or approved therapeutics. The successful candidate will contribute to Clinical Stage Product Teams as a Research Lead. They should have a record of being a strong scientist, team player, strategic thinker, and an effective communicator.
- Develops and implements research plans aimed at expanding our understanding of therapeutic MOAs, predictors of sensitivity and resistance, and combination strategies as they emerge and evolve
- Identifies critical path experiments aligned with research and development project team goals
- Prioritizes resources in alignment with research leadership team
- Serves a single research point of contact for cross-functional/interdepartmental research activities that support regulatory filings and expanded clinical opportunities
- Ensure pharmacology studies are appropriately documented and summarized for regulatory filings
- Collaborate with clinical and translational sciences to help guide the clinical development strategy for novel therapeutics
- Communicate learnings from translational and clinical studies to therapeutic design research group to maximize the potential of pre-clinical molecules
- May provide research support/oversight for external collaborations and/or MTAs and represent research on advisory boards
- Presents research at scientific conferences, key contributor to regulatory documents and peer-reviewed publications
- PhD Cancer Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, or Immunology
- 2-5 years of experience leading projects/programs in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company focused on discovery and drug development
- 2-3+ years of experience supporting research for IND-track research projects and/or clinical programs
- Strong knowledge and expertise of oncology drug development
- Experience leading or contributing core technical expertise to project teams
- Ability to identify and plan critical path experiments in alignment with team objectives
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage and organize work across multiple projects
- Uses critical thinking to solve complex problems, address challenges, overcome obstacles, and plan for the future
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, ability to identify and absorb critical information and convey it to relevant stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences
- Strong collaborator with the ability to function across teams and a variety of disciplines
- Ability to gain support and commitment for research plans using compelling rationale
- Ability to recognize and deliver on key department and project objectives
- Ability to adapt and adjust to a rapidly evolving environment Strong management and mentoring skills
- Knowledge of ADCs and/or therapeutic antibodies
- Demonstrated record of publications and/or presentations at scientific conferences
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.