Saint Luke's Hospital in Kansas City, Missouri, is seeking a Nursing Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), a nursing assistant, a patient care tech or even someone interested in becoming a nursing assistant and providing patient care. Those candidates that are not certified or that do not have applicable experience will receive 6 weeks of on the job training to learn the position. This training would be full time. After training, your schedule would be full-time, night shift with the flexibility that comes with self-scheduling. You will have the opportunity to help improve hospital throughput and capacity while enhancing the patient experience. Our nursing assistants make an impact on our patient's hospital stay daily by providing individualized care in a positive and supportive work environment. We are proud to offer low patient ratios and treat our patients and each other with respect and kindness, ensuring our vision of being "The Best Place to Get Care. The Best Place to Give Care".
* Provides patient care under the direction and supervision of an RN or LPN.
* Performs direct and indirect patient care tasks.
* Provides assistance with activities of daily living and care such as bathing, hygiene, elimination and toileting, nutrition, feeding, hydration, ambulation and positioning.
* Anticipates the patient's family needs in a proactive fashion.
* Individualizes and modifies care according to the patient's needs.
* Collaborates with other health care team members to enhance the provision of patient care.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have strong communication and time management skills. We are seeking Nursing Assistants who are team oriented, eager to expand their skills, and possesses a strong attention to detail. We are excited to offer opportunities for entry level and experienced CNAs, nursing assistants and patient care techs. If you have had an interest in providing patient care but don't have experience or have worked in home health, the 6 weeks of training will be able to allow you to start in your position with the skills and confidence to perform your position.
Why Saint Luke's?
* Our leadership supports nurse engagement and allows their voices to be heard.
* We value our nursing assistant and nurses' knowledge, experience, and expertise to improve patient outcomes and quality care.
* The opportunity to make an impact on their unit, hospital, health system, and the healthcare industry.
* Continuing Education, tuition reimbursement, and leadership and other career training available
* Saint Luke's offers competitive salaries and benefits packages to all of their employees, click here to find out more.
Less than 1 year
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association or Red Cross
Night (United States of America)
The best place to get care. The best place to give care. Saint Luke's 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Our employees are proud to work for the only faith-based, nonprofit, locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke's means joining a team of exceptional professionals who strive for excellence in patient care. Do the best work of your career within a highly diverse and inclusive workspace where all voices matter.
Join the Kansas City region's premiere provider of health services. Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire only non-tobacco users.
Effective November 1st, 2021, full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for all Saint Luke's Health System employees unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.