Research Associate IIPosition Number
PSA/NEA - Professional Staff AssocPay Grade Level
9Pay Grade Range
$48,371 - $72,482Status
Calendar Year, Full-time, LimitedDepartment
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)Contact Phone/ExtensionContact EmailPhysical DemandsCampus Location
YesExtension Contingency Notes
This is a full time calendar year position limited to June 18, 2022 with anticipated renewal.Job Description Summary
Conduct the day-to-day duties involved in behavior change science research project(s) and program evaluations, especially technical writing for reports, conducted within community mental health/criminal justice/legal settings.Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Travel to assessments sites, which can include emergency departments, legal settings, corrections, the community, colleges, hospitals and/or substance abuse treatment facilities.Prepare technical reports evaluating health programs.Conduct data analysis.Assist with grant writing, publications, and teaching.Assist Project Coordinator with quality control of data and tracking records.Collaborate with data management personnel locally and abroad.Report to the Project Coordinator and/or Project Director on daily activities of all research related issues and activities.Attend weekly science meetings and monthly methodology and statistics meetings. May have to work evenings and weekends.Present research findings at professional psychological conferences and to community partners.Assist in mentoring and supervision of graduate students.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform additional duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator/Project Director and/or Project Coordinator.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
IBM personal computers, printers, word processing, SPSS, database management, spreadsheet, survey and qualitative data software. Must be able to clear a Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI) check and a Child Abuse and Neglect Tracking System (CANTS) check upon hiring.Required Qualifications
1. Master's degree.
2. Minimum of two years' experience in behavioral sciences or related field.
3. Demonstrated experience with healthcare report-writing to support program evaluation.
4. Demonstrated experience with data management and analysis.
5. Demonstrated computer skill (i.e., word processing and statistical software).
6. Demonstrated knowledge of experimental research methodology.
7. Demonstrated strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
8. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
9. Demonstrated supervisory experience.
10. Demonstrated organizational skills.
11. Willingness to travel.
12. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
13. Must be able to clear a Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI) check and a Child Abuse and Neglect Tracking System (CANTS) check upon hiring.Preferred Qualifications
1. Demonstrated experience with SPSS, SAS, PowerPoint, and Excel.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of clinical research procedures.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of library databases and APA reference style.
4. Demonstrated familiarity with therapeutic treatments such as Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, 12 step and meditation.
5. Demonstrated experience working with underserved populations in areas such as reproductive health, substance use and/or comorbid mental health.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.Environmental Conditions
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. Evening and weekend work may be required.Posting Date
02/01/2022Special Instructions to Applicants
Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#3) "Other Document-References" - the names and contact information of three professional references (pdf doc).Quicklink for Posting
https://jobs.uri.edu/postings/8885 Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document - References