Alliant International University is a professional practice University committed to excellence in four areas: Education for Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International Competence and Community Engagement. The University provides students with the highest quality of education through excellence and innovation in academic scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. Through its Mission, the University's goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to provide public benefit and make an impact in their communities by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students, faculty.
Alliant International University prepares students for professional careers of service and leadership, and promotes the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world.
An inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
The California School of Professional Psychology (CSPP), Fresno campus is seeking a Core Faculty member with both academic and clinical experience for a small, innovative, Clinical Psychology PhD Psychology program that has been continuously accredited by the American Psychological Association since 1984. Recently, the program was successful in being awarded 10-years re-accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of the American Psychological Association. Based on the scholar-practitioner model, CSPP's emphasis provides the University's students with high quality clinical competence, applied research training, and teaching skills for higher education. With respect to the academic portion of this position, the program is interested in all areas of clinical psychology including clinical forensic, child and family systems, neuropsychology, mental health assessment, multicultural and international psychology, and/or other specializations that would broaden the richness of training for our students.
This full-time faculty position includes a half-time appointment as the Director of Clinical Training (DCT). The successful candidate will be a licensed clinical psychologist and have knowledge of best practices related to doctoral-level clinical training. Excellent initiative, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills are required. The program is deeply engaged with diverse multicultural communities of Central California, and the new faculty member and Director of Clinical Training will be expected to provide institutional visibility and commitment to serving the mental health needs of and advocacy for underserved populations.
.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the overall functioning of the Office of Professional Training (OPT) which serves both the Clinical PhD and Clinical PsyD Programs in Fresno.
- Work collaboratively with the PsyD and PhD Program Directors to ensure students are prepared for the internship application process and that sites meet educational standards of the programs.
- Secures, evaluates and monitors practicum sites for students across all their years in training.
- Meets frequently with students regarding their training goals and serves as a liaison between students and practicum.
- Facilitates students' preparation for, and completion of, the internship application process, ensuring student's meet all application requirements and deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Demonstrated evidence of designing, developing and assessment of courses, program outcomes and student learning outcomes.
- Demonstrated skills in working successfully in a collaborative interdisciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and work successfully with persons from diverse populations and culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, and presentation skills.
Background Check Requirements:
- Education: Doctorate in psychology from an accredited college or university
- Experience: Clinical and graduate level teaching experience, as well as a recent record of scholarship. The successful applicant will demonstrate a commitment to teaching excellence, collaboration, clinical expertise, infusion of diversity throughout the program, and productive scholarship.
- Certifications, Licenses, etc.: Licensed or licensed-eligible in the State of California
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check (including criminal, prior employment and education verification). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current University employees who apply for the position.
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in its educational programs, services and activities, and in employment practices, including but not limited to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors, use of contractors and consultants, and in its admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or descent, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability (including physical, disease, psychiatric or psychological disability), medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, hair style or texture associated with race, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 858-635-4509.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide you with this Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants. This notice is about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully.
Governing legislation: Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Alliant International University is a smoke and tobacco free environment.
Alliant International University, Inc.Country:
United States of AmericaState/Region: