Senior Director, Biostatistics - Statistical Research and Software Development
United States - California - Foster CityUnited States - New Jersey - Morris PlainsUnited States - Washington - Seattle
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company's five core values. That's because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossiblePosition: Senior Director, Biostatistics - Statistical Research & Software Development* Position can be located in Foster City, CA or Seattle, WA or Morris Plains, NJKey Responsibilities:
- Develop internal capacity of statistical software/application development and benchmark against industry-peers
- Mentor and develop the next generation of statistical software/application developers through educational sessions, forums and formal training
- Expand internal capacity of quantitative decision making on drug development approaches through extensive simulation
- Provide internal statistical consultation, facilitate and collaborate with internal and external statisticians, including statistical leaders in academia and industry, to address new statistical issues arise from clinical trials
- Build up internal repository for advanced statistical methodology
- Develop, refine and enhance statistical ideas and techniques impacting the analysis, reporting, and presentation of clinical trial data
- Provide leadership within the Department of Biostatistics on driving innovation on drug development using state-of-the-art statistical methods
- Partner with senior management and Human Resources to identify and satisfy short-term and long-term staffing needs, develops staff capabilities, and recognizes/rewards desired performance
- 15+ years of industry experience in the statistical analysis of biomedical data with an MS degree in Biostatistics
- 12+ years of industry experience in the statistical analysis of biomedical data with an PhD degree in Biostatistics
- Extensive knowledge and experience in innovative study design, data analysis, and statistical software development
- Broad experience in simulation guided drug development and evaluation of simulation guided trial designs using high performance computing
- Proven effective verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills in a group setting.
- Ability to identify the most critical aspects of a problem/issue, set up the priorities, and provide a clear sense of the direction; ability to make effective decisions where information is limited or solutions may produce unpleasant consequences in the short term and use competitive intelligence to influence clinical development strategies
- Experienced in interacting with health authorities
- Strong leadership skills with great understanding of the business beyond the area of Biostatistics
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.