Associate Scientist, Discovery Biology (Immunology)
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company's five core values. That's because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is seeking a highly motivated Senior Research Associate (SRA/AS) with a background in immunology to join the Discovery Biology group. The successful candidate will support laboratory-based research activities aimed at characterizing novel and established immune-based therapeutic targets for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection. The candidate will be expected to design and perform hypothesis-based experiments that support established/new programs in the group, using a variety of molecular, biochemical and immunological techniques. The successful candidate must be able work in a fast-paced, cross-functional and highly collaborative team environment.Key Responsibilities
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Independently designs, plans, executes assigned experiments that support research activities and project goals.
- Proactively troubleshoots technical issues, recommends alternatives new methods and techniques based on literature searches and seeks out others to discuss potential solutions to problems.
- Collaborates with supervisory personnel to develop research methods.
- Participates in group meetings. Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work.
- Detail-oriented with excellent record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Work both independently and collaboratively to advance projects, perform studies with minimal supervision.
- MS degree with 4+ years of experience or BS degree with 6+ years of experience in pharmaceutical sciences, cell biology, immunology, or related scientific discipline.
- Level commensurate with experience
- Industry experience not essential but would be a plus.
- Technical expertise in cell-based assays using human primary cells, Flow Cytometry and Luminex is preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with basic data analysis programs. (Excel, Graphpad Prism, etc.)
Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually, and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.