Senior Director, Medicinal Chemistry- Seattle, WA
United States - Washington - Seattle
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company's five core values. That's because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleSenior Director, Seattle Medicinal Chemistry Requirements
- Ph.D. in chemistry
- 15+ years of medicinal chemistry experience in the drug discovery industry
- Experience managing and mentoring teams of Ph.D. and non-PhD scientists
- A track record of leading project teams to the successful delivery of development candidates
- Passion to be at the forefront of drug discovery as demonstrated by insightful target recommendations and a history of evaluating novel technologies to enhance drug discovery
- Publication record, including patents, commensurate with the years of experience
The successful candidate will:
- Responsible for directing and executing research within medicinal chemistry, the development of effective strategies to address key project objectives, and providing creative medicinal and synthetic chemistry problem solving to enable the discovery of development candidates.
- Collaborate effectively with drug metabolism, biology, nonclinical safety, and structural chemistry to drive drug discovery projects
- Participate as an engaged member of a highly interactive Medicinal Chemistry department, contributing scientific knowledge and leadership across projects
- Effectively communicate and interact with leaders across the organization
- Lead a group of scientists and develop high-performing teams with an inclusive and innovative culture. A key aspect of the position is to effectively hire, coach, mentor, and develop employees to their maximum potential
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.