GCP Laboratories - Pharmaceutical Manufacturing (OTC)
Position Title: Quality Control Chemist
Reports to: Quality Control Manager
Direct Reports: None
Basic Function: Performs chemical analysis of raw material, in-process, finished product and stability samples to support the manufacturing of human drug products.
- In accordance with test method SOPs, perform chemical analyses on raw materials, in-process products, finished products, and stability samples.
- Investigate, assess, and troubleshoot test and/or equipment problems.
- Notify QC Manager immediately when a deviation, an aberrant result, or an Out-of-trend/Out-of-specification result is discovered. Initiate and participate in authoring investigation report.
- Participate in method qualifications, validations, and transfers.
- Maintain sample tracking and integrity at all times until analyses are reviewed.
- Ensure analytical equipment is calibrated and well maintained at all times.
- Actively contribute to a team setting within the laboratory and potentially with other work teams to increase efficiency, solve problems, generate cost savings, improve quality, and provide new product support.
- Ensure personal training requirements are met and that training records are current.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements: * BS in Chemistry, Biology or a related discipline.
- Knowledge and control of analytical equipment including calibration and maintenance.
- Knowledge of computer software, including relevant applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of CGMPs regulations.
- Understanding of quality systems including change control, deviations and CAPAs.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Strong written and verbal language skills to effectively read and write SOPs and related lab reports and communicate with personnel at all levels in the organization.'
'Benefit Conditions: * Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Do you have reliable transportation?
- Can you perform basic wet chemistry?
- Laboratory Experience: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location