- Contributes as part of a small team of analysts in the Viral Vector Lab towards execution of various analytical methods to support biological therapeutic product release and characterization testing in a compliance-based environment.
- ~100% testing, as well as associated protocol/report documentation and presentations; may include technology transfer activities, regulatory support, and possible project team participation.
- Independently executes method for: elucidation and monitoring of functional properties of protein therapeutics and the quantitation of product-related impurities.
- Computer competency is essential with emphasis on spreadsheet-based software
- Understands and applies the advanced scientific principles, theories and concepts, practices and standards for product development.
- Conducts work in compliance with cGMP/GLP, safety and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrates independent judgment in technique and method selection, protocol and study design and execution, data analysis and use of standard practices and procedures for a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity to meet assigned objective
- Candidate must have a degree in Cell and Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical, or other biological/analytical discipline along with following experience in biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or related environment:
- Bachelor's with 0-2 years of industry experience, or
- Master's with 0+ years of industry experience
- Understanding of basic scientific principles and theories for plate based immunological methods like ELISA, protein binding assays, gel-based assays.
- Experience working with one or more of following methods: ELISA, SDS-PAGE, Western blot, receptor binding, cell culture, cell transfections, and PCR.
- Experience working with plate washers, plate readers and software like SoftMax Pro, Excel is preferred.
- Experience with sterile cell culture and execution of cell-based assays will be a plus.
- Knowledge of theories, principles and techniques of relevant scientific areas and basic understanding of industry practices and standards
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Cambridge, MA are encouraged to apply. Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays