The Center for Clinical and Translational Science is seeking an experienced clinical research nurse to join our team! We are a collaborative clinical inpatient and outpatient nursing unit focused on patient care and fidelity to the research protocol. The ideal candidate should have a strong clinical background with detail oriented skills and experience. Must communicate effectively and be proficient in various IT platforms. Enjoy an innovative work environment and help support breakthroughs in health and technology! https://medicine.utah.edu/ccts/clinical-trials-support/
Work Environment and Level of Frequency that may be required:
- Assesses and ensures subject safety during trial.
- Evaluates adverse events (AE), intervenes when necessary and reports detail to PI. Conducts follow-up to determine resolution of AE.
- Reviews study related data to assure compliance with study protocol.
- Manages pharmacokinetic collection.
- Ensures appropriate maintenance and calibration of equipment..
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic patient environment.
- Provides guidance and direction to members of the health care team to ensure quality patient care.
- Keeps current on advances in nursing care by participating in educational programs.
- Provides and oversees direct patient care in accordance with established nursing protocol and physicians orders.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.Often: Infectious disease, oils ( there is air or skin exposure to oils or other cutting fluids ), hazards ( includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, or exposure to chemicals ).Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Hearing, listening, talking.Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking, standing, sitting.Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.Minimum QualificationsRN license in the state of Utah plus two years related experience required. Depending on area of assignment, CCRP, ACRP-CRC, SOCRA-CCRP certification may be required. A current Basic Life Support Health Care Provider Card certification or obtain one within 6 months of employment required. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills also required.
The hiring department may also prefer experience in a specific area of nursing
This position is patient-sensitive and must fulfill all associated requirements. We protect our patients, coworkers, and community by requiring all patient-sensitive employees to be immunized according to CDC standards and hospital policy. Limited exemptions may be made for documented medical contraindications or religious beliefs that object to vaccinations.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.Preferences
- 1 year of research experience preferred
- 2 years of clinical experience preferred
- Research, Pediatrics, or Moderate Sedation experience preferred
- IV ultrasound or pediatric venous access skills
- May require additional certifications such as ACLS or PALS
Strong organizational and communication Skills Type Benefited Staff Special Instructions Summary