* Positions at Northwestern
* Postdoctoral Training Opportunity - COVID-19 Vaccine Regulatory Science Consortium
Postdoctoral Training Opportunity - COVID-19 Vaccine Regulatory Science Consortium
January 4, 2021
The Center for Global Communicable and Emerging Infectious Diseases, Institute for Global Health, Feinberg School of Medicine and the Center for Communication and Health, School of Communication at Northwestern University seek a postdoctoral trainee to assist the directors of these centers in the preparation of written reports emerging from the newly-initiated Northwestern COVID-19 Vaccine Regulatory Science Consortium (NCVRSC). This person will serve as the primary research science liaison to the consortium, reviewing relevant literature, preparing summaries of scientific discussions on monthly consortium calls, and playing a major role in the preparation of the consortium's final reports and whitepapers.
The NCVRSC is a multidisciplinary, international group of scientists being convened to achieve 4 objectives:
1. Catalyze the scientific understanding of critical immune markers related to SARS CoV-2 infections.
2. Achieve scientific consensus regarding an optimal immune monitoring panel required for vaccine development.
3. Advance the regulatory framework supporting vaccine development to include an optimal panel of immune markers.
4. Develop communication materials for (i) scientists/health care professionals (HCP's) and (ii) laypersons related to the evolving understanding of SARS CoV-2 and immunity as well as vaccine safety and efficacy.
To view the job posting and/or apply for the job, please visit the Northwestern Careers page. If you are a current employee of the organization, please use this link.