SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as an Cardiovascular Operating Room Registered Nurse that you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Memorial Health University Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare. We currently have an amazing opportunity to train in this specialty area! The ideal candidate would have previous Operating Room experience and be looking to transition into the CVOR specialty.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Memorial Health, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
* Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
* SIGN ON BONUS
* Student Loan Repayment
* Paid Personal Leave
* 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
* Identity Theft Protection discounts
* Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated OR RN like you to be a part of our team.
The Operating Room Registered Nurse will provide professional surgical nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process, collaborating with other members of the health care delivery team, including physicians, to assure quality health care. The Operating Room Nurse assumes the responsibility for ensuring effective communication with the surgical technologists, the other Registered Nurses, the surgeons, the patients and their families, as well as the other members of the surgical team.
What you will do in this role:
* You will provide assistance in emergency procedures as well as elective and scheduled cases
* You will work alongside surgical teams to ensure that patients receive the best possible care
* You will serve as a liaison between the surgical team and the patients' families
* You will be responsible for organizing supplies needed for patients
* You will assess patients before, during, and after surgery and maintain a sterile operating room
* You will perform count procedures to protect patient from unintended retained foreign objects as well as perform interventions necessary to ensure the patient's procedure is performed on the correct site, side, and level
* You will perform interventions throughout the surgical procedure to maintain the status of the patient's genitourinary, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, endocrine, respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological systems, and fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base balances at or above baseline levels
* You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
* You will actively involve patient or designated support person in decisions affecting their post perioperative plan of care and the rehabilitation process
* Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
* Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
* Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
* Minimum of 2+year previous experience of OR Nursing is Required
Memorial Health University Medical Center (MHUMC) is a 640+ bed hospital in the beautiful, southern city of Savannah, Georgia. The facility opened its doors in 1955 and has evolved into the most advanced healthcare provider in the region employing over 3,500 colleagues.
Memorial Health University Medical Center serves as a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level 1 Trauma Center, the region's only Children's Hospital and the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine. We proudly serve 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina.
Memorial Health University Medical Center is always looking to grow and further advance in the healthcare industry, earning local, regional, national recognition of excellence. MHUMC uses its vast clinical knowledge, innovative operating strategies, scale and stability to transform healthcare and help our community thrive. Our goal is to create a new standard for excellence that will not only serve our current patients but also change the future of medicine.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethispheresince 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.