Req#: R13660 Category(s):
Nursing, Ambulatory Direct Care Nurses Full Time / Part Time:
FirstNeuro Sciences Nurse Navigator The Neuro Sciences Nurse Navigator
will assist all Heart & Vascular departments at Baystate with new patient navigation. This role involves patient research, patient assessment and interviews, collaboration with providers and office staff and patient counseling and coordination . Telephonically facilitate patients access to the appropriate level of care and seamless coordination of services throughout the continuum. Works collaboratively with physicians and other health team members, and is available to patients and families for care coordination, will provide medical information and education to patient and families so they understand and comprehend the treatment and services rendered. The nurse will coordinate necessary appointments based on triage outcome as well as identify potential barriers to timely care and seek out appropriate resources for assistance.
- Answers clinically related inbound calls. Maintains current knowledge base including triage skills, appropriate teaching principles, and policies and procedures.
- Provides telephone triage Aligns the right care for the patient, within the right time frame, and with the right provider.
- Responsible for coordination of services for individual patients and their families, including referring physician offices and other healthcare disciplines.
Required Work Experience:
- Resource to assigned scheduling team responding to clinical questions as relates to prescriptions, appointments, medical management, practice protocols and appropriate population management.
- Massachusetts license as an RN and BLS CPR certified.
- Minimum 5 years of nursing experience with minimum of 2-3 years of Neuro nursing experience
- Patient triage and/or surgical experience will help this nurse be successful in this dynamic, autonomous role
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills to advocate for optimal patient outcomes.
- Proficient in the use of multiple computer applications including EMR, spreadsheet programs and electronic medical records.
- Must have competency in delivering exceptional nursing care and have proven Other Information success in partnering with both physicians and staff
You Belong At Baystate
- FT Monday Friday
- Partial Remote after completion of successful training
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.Education:
Associates of Science: Nursing (Required), Bachelor of Nursing DegreeCertifications:
Registered Nurse State of MassachusettsEqual Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.