Laboratory Assistant/Specimen Processor
GS Labs, LLC is a CLIA registered laboratory currently hiring for a Laboratory Assistant/Specimen Processor to be a part of a molecular infectious disease testing lab currently focused on producing high quality COVID19 results.Perks:
- Flexible scheduling our lab operates 24 hours per day
- Competitive wages based on education and experience starting at $23/hour plus shift differential.
- Sign on bonus of up to $10,000 after successful completion of a 90-day trial period, payable over a two-year commitment period.
- Referral Bonuses
- PTO and Health Benefits available
- Opportunities for advancement
Education and Experience:
- Ensure quality assurance in all steps of specimen receiving, acceptability, tracking, and storage.
- Accurate specimen requisitioning into computer database to ensure data integrity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum: High school diploma or GED required.
- Preferred: Enrollment in or past documented credits in a post-secondary education or certificate program related to a medical field or laboratory science. Examples include: medical assistance, emergency medical technician or certified nursing assistant or related medical or science experience.
- ASCP MLT or AMT preferred, but not required.
- Experience: None required. Prior work in laboratory or healthcare environment preferred.
- Strong analytical judgement, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain precise organization in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to follow routine process without deviation.
- Willingness to properly work with biohazardous test samples, human biological specimens, and chemicals while always wearing the proper PPE.
- Effective communication skills - verbal and written.
- Strong computer literacy and experience.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- This position requires physical mobility, fine and gross motor dexterity, the ability to listen, read, write, and discriminate color.
- The incumbent must be able to stand for at least 75% of an 8-hour workday.
- The incumbent of this position must show up to work in a timely fashion, possess good hygiene, and be responsible for properly wearing all required PPE.
- Note: Moderate noise exposure environment.
- Willingness to undergo employee onboarding screening, to include providing vaccination record and other healthcare related employee health screenings.
GS Labs, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin, or any other legally protected basis.GS Labs, LLC is a Military Friendly Organization.