University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC)
, a member of the University of Maryland Medical System,
is seeking a Child and Adolescent Psychologist
to join the UMMC Child and Mental Health Clinic in Baltimore, MD. The psychologist will provide evaluation and psychological treatment in an outpatient hospital clinic for children and adolescents ensuring appropriate therapy and longitudinal care.Job Specifics:
.• Provides psychotherapy services to children, adolescents, young adults, and families including diagnosis and treatment through individual, group, or family treatment
Specific Job Qualifications:
- Function as an integral part of a collaborative team which include Child Psychiatry and Social Work, and Counselors
- If indicated, collaborates with the referring agency, the school system, community agencies, and the juvenile court system to assist in the development of a service plan for the child and family and to assure that the children are receiving the appropriate services
- Complete documentation and billing in a timely fashion as required by compliance
- Participates in individual supervision, clinic meetings, administrative staff meetings, and in-service training
- Maintains client activity at the projected level set by the administrative staff.
- Maintains a medical record for each child which includes a diagnostic interview, treatment plan, progress notes, periodic reviews, transfer and discharge summaries.
- Ensure compliance with standards of regulatory agencies
- Teaching, research, and supervising opportunities available
- Opportunity for full-time or part-time available
Benefits of joining UMMC:
- Doctoral degree from an APA-accredited program in clinical, school, or counseling psychology
- Completion of APA-approved clinical pre-doctoral internship
- Maryland psychology license
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and to work as a member of a team
- Excellent clinical skills in the assessment and treatment of children, adolescents, and adults
- Experience in providing evidence-based treatment to a diverse population
Excellent writing skills and ability to manage responsibilities of documentation
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of individuals/groups
- Understanding of best practices in diagnostic evaluations and psychotherapy
- Ideal candidate will be trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF- CBT)
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes health benefits, paid time off, and retirement plan
- Location is National Health Service Corps (NHSC) approved
The University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) is the flagship academic medical center at the heart of UMMS and includes the 789-bed downtown Baltimore campus and the 177-bed midtown campus one mile north. The medical staff comprises nearly 1,200 attending physicians who are faculty members at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, as well as 900 residents and fellows in all medical specialties.
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Pediatric Psychologist, Location: Baltimore, MD - 21201