Jersey College has positions available in our Professional Nursing Program and Practical Nursing Programs . We are looking for individuals who have a desire and passion for teaching and will take both pride and ownership in the success of their students. Position:
Nursing Educator Program:
Practical Nursing Program
Professional Nursing (LPN-To-RN Bridge) Program Job Location:
Ewing, NJ Job Type:
Full Time / Part Time - Day Job Description:
Responsible for ensuring successful academic and personal development of licensed practical nursing students through clinical instruction. Essential Functions:
Job Requirements:Skills & Abilities:
- Providing clinical instruction at long-term care, sub-acute, and acute clinical sites.
- Creating a clinical environment which fosters students' academic growth and guides their professional development.
- Preparing student progress reports and grade reports
- Maintaining accurate and timely attendance records
- Evaluating student competence based on program philosophy and objectives
- Implementing evaluation devices of student learning and clinical experience to measure progress and competency
- Attending faculty meetings
- Maintaining professional qualifications through participation in continuing education programs, in-service training and academic courses
- Perform other duties as required by the program director, program dean or campus administration
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with students and co-workers
- Motivated, self-directed
- Team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work flow
- Ability to supervise students in the clinical environment
- Ability to deliver an effective lesson on the level of an LPN and RN student
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the area of nursing specialty
Notice of Non-discrimination
- Valid Nursing License in state of employment
- Minimum of 3 years recent experience in specialty field
- Prior teaching experience is not required.
- New Jersey RN license required
Jersey College is committed to providing an environment that respects and encourages the development and growth of all students, faculty and staff. Discriminatory and harassing behaviors that unfairly or unlawfully interfere with an individual's educational pursuits violate our College's policies and procedures and are not tolerated. Such forms of discrimination and harassment include, but are not limited to, discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or military veteran status. Jersey College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities.
Jersey College encourages all students, staff, and administrators to work together to prevent all forms of discrimination and harassment, including those based on race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or military veteran status (individually and collectively, a protected status or a protected category).
Any student, staff, or third party seeking information with respect to the non-discrimination and harassment policies of Jersey College, including Title IX protections, may contact the Director of Institutional Effectiveness at 546 U.S. Highway 46, Teterboro, NJ 07608, (201) 489-5836, TitleIX @ jerseycollege.edu or the Office of Civil Rights.