Reporting to the KMUSC USC Health System CFO and the USC Care Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the CFO for USC Care is responsible for the following finance functions within USC Care:
• Accounting and financial reporting
• Operating and capital budgeting
• Audits and internal controls
• Cash flow management and purchasing
• Revenue cycle
• Debt attributed to USC Care
• Strategic business planning
• Funds flows from the Health System to the Keck School of Medicine and the Clinical Science Departments
• Decision support, performance benchmarking, and predictive analytics
Additionally, as USC Care is the physician group within KMUSC, the CFO for USC Care will also serve as a financial leader for Keck Medicine of USC's provider strategy, physician compensation plan development, and working closely with the USC Care CEO, KMUSC CFO, hospital CFOs, and the Chief Strategy Officer.
The CFO for USC Care coordinates with the Health System level office of Accounting and Financial Reporting, Revenue Cycle, Supply Chain and Purchasing, Health Information Management, Strategic Financial Planning, and Decision Support and Budgeting to ensure adequate service to USC Care and to share managerial oversight of the system office staff assigned to USC Care operations.
The CFO for USC Care is at the Executive Administrator level within the USC employment structure.
• Bachelor's degree required in finance, business, public administration, health administration, economics, or related field
• MBA/Master's degree preferred.
• 15 years of progressive experience in health care.
• Direct responsibilities in physician practice preferred
• Experience in academic medicine and faculty practice ideal
• Reputation for collaboration, emotional intelligence, and ability to function in highly matrixed environments.
• Proven ability to manage people and create professional development plans.
• Active and current Certified Public Accountancy.
• Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date.(Required within LA City only)
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance . We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Required Legal Notices
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:
https://wd5.myworkday.com/usc/d/inst/1$9925/9925$58995.htmldJob InfoType: Full timeLocation: Los Angeles, CA - Health Sciences Campus