Department of Integrative Biology & PharmacologyFull TimeExemptTMC Location 3+ years of experience in animal handling, cell culture, western blotting, immunocytochemistry, fluorescence imaging, and molecular biology techniques.Position Summary:
Plans, conducts, and directs a wide variety of experiments. Assists with the day-to-day activities for research project(s) and may impact the success of the research project(s).Position Key Accountabilities:
- Collects, evaluates, interprets, and documents research data to accomplish the objectives of a wide variety of scientific experiments and research projects.
- Influences project direction and outcomes by identifying opportunities to enhance, terminate, or re-direct research activities.
- May recruit study participants or field interviewers.
- Evaluates and interprets data and provides results to investigators to support publication.
- Maintains quality control checks and a safe environment in compliance with all governmental and University policies, rules, regulation and codes.
- Assists in the preparation and writing of research reports, manuscripts, papers and grant proposals for presentation and publication.
- Provides direction and training to lab personnel to ensure efficient, timely and high quality results in compliance with all protocols, guidelines, regulations, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Considerable knowledge in basic and sophisticated equipment. 3+ years of experience in animal handling, cell culture, western blotting, immunocytochemistry, fluorescence imaging, and molecular biology techniques.Minimum Education:
Bachelors degree in a related field with three (3) years of related research experience including experience in a lead research role; or
Masters degree in a related field with one (1) year of related research experience including experience in a lead research role; or
Doctorate degree.Minimum Experience:
Years of experience varies based on education level.Physical Requirements:
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects. This position may include work involving potentially hazardous chemical, biological or radioactive agents.Security Sensitive:
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code 51.215
Apply at http://p.rfer.us/UTHvZCCC5
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $50,000.00 - $62,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Biochemistry: 3 years (Required)
- Laboratory experience: 3 years (Required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location