For over 40 years, HemaCare, a Charles River company, has worked to making a positive impact on the world by providing the highest quality cellular material and services to biotech and pharmaceutical companies and research organizations that are performing innovative research and developing novel cell-based therapies.
We recognize that our success depends on the vision and passion of our employees; that is why we are devoted to making HemaCare a rewarding and valuable place to work. We believe in making a difference, and at HemaCare, you will make a difference every day. Job Summary
This position is responsible for the evaluation of human blood products for manual or automated cell isolations, product manufacturer, and cell culture. Perform QC testing and create a certificate of analysis (COA) for products manufactured. Record isolation details on a processing worksheet using good documentation practices. Operate flow cytometer and basic lab equipment.
- Manual and automated cell isolations.
- Product QC and COA creation.
- Calibrate and run flow cytometer.
- Able to operate basic lab equipment (i.e., centrifuge, microscope, hemocytometer, incubator).
- Follow detailed protocols and instructions.
- Review of production batch records for accuracy.
- Small-scale R&D and protocol development for new product lines.
- Perform Quality Control and preventative maintenance procedures of laboratory equipment as assigned, maintaining records in compliance with manufacturing and regulatory guidelines.
- Accurately perform quarantine, destruction, and release of blood products.
- Identify and troubleshoot problems encountered in assigned tasks and properly document corrective actions. Confer with the Scientific Director for resolution of problems.
- Able to read, interpret, and understand the company and industry manuals and compliance standards such as Standard Operation Procedure manuals, Current Good Manufacturing Practices, Current Food Laboratory Practices, FDA and AABB regulations.
- Bachelors degree in Biological Sciences required.
- 1 year of general lab experience, with Blood Donor Center experience, preferred.
- Experience with cell isolations, cryopreservation, flow cytometry, and immunologic techniques preferred.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Charles River is a U.S. Federal Contractor. As a result, we must follow the Presidential Executive Order to mandate vaccinations, and ensure our employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Our main priority is the wellbeing, health, and safety of our people. We will be requiring proof of vaccination from all employees.
Anyone with requests for disability-related and/or religious exemptions should contact Talent Acquisition (crrecruitment_US@crl.com) so that information can be provided about the accommodation process at Charles River.About HemaCare
HemaCare, a Charles River company, is a global leader and trusted brand in the customization of human-derived biological products and services for biomedical research, drug discovery, and cell and gene therapy development. HemaCares vertically integrated solutions support preclinical research, clinical studies from phases 1 to 3, and commercialization with high-quality RUO and GMP-compliant starting material and apheresis collections.
In January 2020, HemaCare was acquired by Charles River Laboratories, an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). Combined with Charles Rivers integrated, early-stage portfolio of discovery, safety assessment, and manufacturing support services, the acquisition creates a unique, comprehensive solution for researchers and cell therapy developers and manufacturers worldwide to help accelerate their critical programs from basic research and proof-of-concept to regulatory approval and commercialization. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs and enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market. We work closely with our clients throughout the clinical process to maximize success and drive positive clinical outcomes.
Together, with over 17,000 employees within 80 facilities in 23 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, government agencies, and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At HemaCare, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of peoples lives. We have proudly supported the development of 100% of the current commercially available FDA-approved immunocellular therapies. Our mission is to provide a best-in-class portfolio of high quality, customizable human cellular material and services to support drug discovery, scientific research, and cell therapy. This resonates from our employees and impacts our customers because we know that every day is an opportunity to advance discoveries and make a difference in someones life.Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.