Summary: This position entails both graduate and undergraduate teaching for students in the School of Taxation by performing the duties outlined below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares and delivers lectures to students
- Updates curriculum, problem sets and solutions as needed
- Maintains academic and/or professional qualifications
- Teaches at the graduate level in both the traditional academic and online environment and assists with curricular development and maintenance in the corporate tax area.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
- The successful candidate must possess a graduate degree in taxation and be a CPA, or possess a Juris Doctor degree, with an L.L.M. and/or CPA highly desired
- Teaching experience in the field of taxation at the graduate level or equivalent professional training is required of the candidate
- Demonstrated ability to assist a diverse, adult student population in reaching its learning objectives is of prime importance
- Substantial practical tax experience, preferably in the corporate tax area
- Consistent with Golden Gate's focus on professional practice education, experience in the business world is required
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a research agenda
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with staff, colleagues and students
To apply: Please go to http://www.ggu.edu/jobs and submit an application, letter of interest, and a resume.
In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Golden Gate University is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
University policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
The University has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and to maintaining working and learning environments that reinforces these practices. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all especially women, minorities, people of color, veterans, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQI community.
Golden Gate University annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the Federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Golden Gate University Report, please go to http://www.ggu.edu/media/employee/documents/facilities/street-smarts-annual-security-report.pdf.