APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
POSITION: Assistant or Associate Professor of Business Analytics
DEPARTMENT: Ageno School of Business
REPORTS TO: Dean
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: The University's comprehensive benefits program
WORK SCHEDULE: Academic Year, September - August
START DATE: January 3, 2022
BASIC FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF JOB:
The Edward S. Ageno School of Business at Golden Gate University invites applicants for a full-time tenure-track faculty position in the field of business analytics. The holder of this position will teach the graduate level and have a significant administrative role in the planning and management of the department's courses, programs and degrees. Responsibilities will include business development, program outreach, and administrative oversight of the MS degrees offered by the Business Analytics Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Teach between four and eight courses per year (depending on other assignments)
- Lead in course and curricula design
- Participate in school and university governance
- Maintain academic and/or professional qualifications
- The successful candidate should have a doctorate (Ph.D./DBA) in Business Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science or Engineering, Statistics, or a related field.
- Consistent with Golden Gate's focus on professional practice education, the ideal candidate will have significant professional/enterprise or industry experience in data analytics or business analytics and maintain active involvement in relevant professional associations. Experience with AI or automation a plus.
- Ability to leverage professional networks to benefit our student population.
- Demonstrated ability to assist a diverse, adult student population in reaching its learning objectives is of prime importance.
- Superb analytical, research, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Strong interest in working with culturally and economically diverse groups, including international students.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to effectively supervise students and collaborate with colleagues.
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic.
- High degree of professionalism in all aspects of higher education, including in dealings with staff, colleagues, and managing a demanding and high-intensity schedule.
- Ability to adhere to the school's policies, including the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information, and to deal with a wide variety of student concerns.
- Prior experience with professional training and/or teaching in an academic context strongly valued.
Interested persons should apply online at http://www.ggu.edu/jobs, and include a cover letter highlighting the applicant's qualifications and teaching interests, resume, a writing sample, and a list of references. Questions about this position may be directed to Professor Thomas Wooldridge, Chair of the Faculty Appointments Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the university's website, www.ggu.edu, for information about the academic offerings of the business school. The Business Analytics Program overlaps with several academic areas including Marketing Analytics, Finance Analytics, Accounting Data and Analytics, Information Technology, and Analytics Management.
Golden Gate University has a robust online learning program and this position invites applicants local to the San Francisco Bay Area and remote applicants who are willing to engage in occasional travel to the Bay Area.
Golden Gate University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The university has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, and to maintaining working and learning environments that reinforce these practices. The university welcomes and encourages applications from women, military veterans, minorities, people of color, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQI community.