The candidate will support downstream process teams with the development and characterization of downstream processes for the manufacture of biophamaceuticals (i.e. monoclonal antibodies and other proteins) where he/she will utilize, perform, and help develop chromatographic and electrophoretic assays to support in-process sample testing including sample preparation, data analysis, data summary, and reporting results.QualificationsThe ideal candidate would possess:
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- Good understanding of chromatography, protein purification, and various assays (pH, density, Appearance)
- Ability to make detailed observations, analyze data, interpret results, and exercise appropriate technical discretion in the execution of experiments
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team and also cross functional setting
- Good time management and multi-tasking skills
- Good documentation skills
- Basic computer skills and routine use of Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Knowledge of basic protein chemistry; protein and analytical chemistry
- Knowledge and experience with protein purification
- Experience with HPLC, AKTA, Unicorn, and column packing is preferred
- Working knowledge of good laboratory practices and sterile techniques
- Lab-scale process development, assay support, process robustness concepts, scale-up and set-up
- Experience with cell culture or bioreactor experience is a plus, but not required
- B.S./M.S. degree with 0-2 years of experience with protein purification.
Additional InformationPosition is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Gaithersburg, MD are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree in biological sciences, chemical/biochemical engineering or related discipline and 0-2 years' experience.
- Familiarity with SOP and GxP requirements is a plus but not required.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website
www.lancasterlabs.com.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.