Scientist - Job Description About the Company
Snapdragon Chemistry, Inc. is a leader in chemical process development with expertise in continuous flow and process intensification technologies. Our company is catalyzing the transformation of research, development, and manufacturing across industries where organic chemistry underpins product development.
We rely on our most valuable resource - our people - to maintain a leadership position in this market. As part of our dynamic team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with world-class leaders in flow chemistry and product development, as well as with dedicated colleagues while also cultivating and furthering your career. At Snapdragon Chemistry, we strive to create an environment of innovation and excellence where mutual respect and teamwork underpin our culture.Job Description
Snapdragon Chemistry is currently seeking exceptional candidates for its Scientist
position in its Waltham, MA site. A successful candidate will be joining a group of innovative and entrepreneurial scientists, with broad deliverables including the design of synthetic routes amenable to continuous flow processing, the development of reactor systems incorporating cutting-edge analytical and automation technologies, and delivering high quality, complex chemical matter to our clients.
We are looking for a candidate who has a passion for working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. in chemistry with experience in the development of new synthetic methods and the principals of physical organic chemistry. The candidate should have experience in using kinetic analysis and other experimental tools to determine reaction mechanism. Experience with the development of reactions in flow is preferred but not required. Candidates must possess strong written and oral communication skills. Responsibilities
- Leverage scientific knowledge and develop technology to solve continuous process development challenges and meet our client needs
- Contribute to activities that build upon Snapdragon Chemistry's proprietary knowledge and technology fulfill their value creation potential
- Participate in project teams to complete complex deliverables within stringent timeline and communicate results to key stake-holders
- Participate in business development activities and strategic business initiatives as needed
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge of continuous flow technology, synthetic organic chemistry and process development principles.
- Ensure that the integrity and profile of Snapdragon Chemistry within the scientific community are maintained at a high level, consistent with the requirements of the business
· Ph.D. or equivalent in Chemistry (Organic Chemistry) or actively pursuing a Ph.D. with expectation to receive degree within 2 months of application Required Experience and Skills:
- A proven track record of successfully solving scientific problems supported by publications and external presentations
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, be creative and innovative, and work productively and efficiently in the laboratory
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills, team oriented and invested in the success of others
- Ability to celebrate differences and encourage scientific openness and frank discussion
We value our employees, who are key to our company's success. As such, we offer our employees a competitive rewards program. If you need an accommodation for the application process, please email us at email@example.com. To learn more about Snapdragon Chemistry, please explore our website, www.snapdragonchemistry.com.How to Apply:
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, your CV, three references, and a research summary highlighting scientific accomplishments. Thank you for your interest in Snapdragon Chemistry.Location:
Waltham, MA 02140 US (Primary)Career Level:
All levels of experience will be considered