Title: Sr./Research Associate
We are looking for an energetic Sr./Research Associate to work on an ambitious project to optimize the tumor microenvironment of a human-derived 3D ex vivo model for evaluation of anticancer therapeutics. This position provides an excellent opportunity to work at the leading edge of immune-oncology and functional precision medicine.
Xsphera Biosciences is an exciting Boston-based biotechnology startup dedicated to delivering functional, precision immuno-oncology solutions for patients, providers and biopharma companies. The company is leveraging a breakthrough technology invented at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and licensed exclusively to Xsphera. The technology captures the patient's own tumor microenvironment on microfluidic chips as 3D cultures for the efficient testing of immune-oncology therapeutics. The company will deliver its ex vivo profiling of the tumor microenvironment as a functional assay for patient selection in clinical trials and as a precision medicine diagnostic to oncologists to help determine the most appropriate I-O therapy for each patient.
- Process tumor biopsy specimens for spheroid formation and cell culture
- Design and innovate ex-vivo conditions to preserve and maintain the tumor-immune microenvironment
- Set-up and maintain 2D and 3D cell cultures of tumor microenvironment in microfluidic chips
- Develop new 3D immune model systems
- Test experimental drugs in the 3D models, analyze drug actions and mechanisms of action on tumor viability - Process cultures for image analysis and molecular analysis
- Graphing results and statistical analysis
- Data collection, evaluation, documentation in laboratory notebook, data presentation
- Ordering, stocking and maintaining the inventory of laboratory supplies
· 1-3 years of laboratory experience in an academic or industrial setting
· Hands-on cell culture research experience
· Understanding of fundamental laboratory skills, study design, and record keeping
· Isolating DNA, mRNA, qRT-PCR or nanostring experience a plus
· Scientific curiosity and has a working knowledge of the research laboratory environment and is familiar with all basic laboratory equipment / instruments.
· Excellent communication, record keeping and organizational skills.
· MS in Cell biology/biotechnology/cancer preferred. BA/BS degree in cell/molecular biology, pharmacology or related discipline