The Center for Clinical and Translational Science is seeking an experienced clinical research nurse to join our team! We are a collaborative clinical inpatient and outpatient nursing unit focused on patient care and fidelity to the research protocol. The ideal candidate should have a strong clinical background with detail oriented skills and experience. Must communicate effectively and be proficient in various IT platforms. Enjoy an innovative work environment and help support breakthroughs in health and technology! https://medicine.utah.edu/ccts/clinical-trials-support/ Responsibilities
- Assesses and ensures subject safety during trial.
- Evaluates adverse events (AE), intervenes when necessary and reports detail to PI. Conducts follow-up to determine resolution of AE.
- Reviews study related data to assure compliance with study protocol.
- Manages pharmacokinetic collection.
- Ensures appropriate maintenance and calibration of equipment..
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic patient environment.
- Provides guidance and direction to members of the health care team to ensure quality patient care.
- Keeps current on advances in nursing care by participating in educational programs.
- Provides and oversees direct patient care in accordance with established nursing protocol and physicians orders.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Demonstrated potential ability to perform the essential functions as outlined above.
Ability to provide care to the population served.
Demonstrated leadership, human relations, and effective communication skills.
Ability to function during regularly scheduled, 12 hour, extended or alternative shifts.
Ability to display mental and emotional stamina in situations dealing with death, multiple patients, family members, etc.
Demonstrated ability to function calmly and competently in high stress situations.
Ability to deal with the hazards involved in assessing and providing care to patients.
Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of life span growth and development and the ability to assess data regarding the patient's status and provide care as described in the department's policies and procedures manual.
Must demonstrate evidence of 400-800 clinical hours in an acute care setting during formal education through an academic entity that has arranged and provided for the clinical training site, or 2080 hours in an acute care setting post course work.
Strong organizational and leadership skills as well as demonstrated human relation and effective communication skill.Minimum QualificationsRequired
Current RQI Healthcare Provider eCredential through the University of Utah Health RQI system. The eCredential is to be obtained within 30 days of hire.
Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Utah, or obtain one within 90 days of hire under the interstate compact if switching residency to State of Utah. Must maintain current Interstate Compact (multi-state) license if residency is not being changed to Utah.
Some positions may require additional certifications such as Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), or Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) within one year of hire.
This position is patient-sensitive and must fulfill all associated requirements. We protect our patients, coworkers and community by requiring all patient-sensitive employees to be immunized according to CDC standards and hospital policy. Limited exemptions may be made for documented medical contraindications or religious beliefs that object to vaccinations.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.Preferences
- 1 year of research experience preferred
- 2 years of clinical experience preferred
- Research, Pediatrics, or Moderate Sedation experience preferred
- IV ultrasound or pediatric venous access skills
- May require additional certifications such as ACLS or PALS
Type Benefited Staff Special Instructions Summary